Respondents: 42 (This poll is closed)

• Octavia Iris Bronte K : 26 (32%)
  • Octavia Aerin Bronte K : 6 (7%)
  • Octavia Shiloh Bronte K : 5 (6%)
  • Octavia Beatrix Bronte K : 15 (19%)
  • Octavia Clarimond Bronte K : 4 (5%)
  • Octavia Edith Bronte K : 20 (25%)
  • Octavia Jocelyn Bronte K: 5 (6%)

I see [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] as strong and spunky, feminine but not frilly. My favorite of your options is [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. Because [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is not too common, I actually like more familiar classic middle names with it. Some additional ideas:

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
Octavia Genevieve

For me [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is grand and strong, mystical and elegant with a kind of floral sweetness thrown in. There’s also something quite serious and studious about it
I get imagery of coral reefs, as a beds and deep blue water with [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]. But also woodland and windswept, tangled hair. I can totally see where your coming from with those pictures too
For middles, I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] adds something floral and natural to [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] but also something bright and colourful
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] brings bounce and joy, something light and fun

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]! Its Shakespearean connection gives it more calibre, imo. It also evokes images of a relaxing stroll in the countryside, so I can’t help but smile when I hear it!
I voted for [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is a personal favourite of mine, and I love the way it flows with [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] does possibly stick out in this combo, as I don’t think it flows as well with the other two names as they do with each other, but if anything this helps it balance out extravagant, Shakespearean [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] and snappy, elegant [name_f]Iris[/name_f].
Ultimately, though, I love all your combos - any one of them would make a great name!

Thank you so much for your replies. The input is really helpful <3

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] is my favourite!! I love it!

i’ve always pictured [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] as frilly. And my niece [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] only solidifies that feeling, so are you going for something elegant? If so, [name_f]Edith[/name_f]. Are you going for something more spunky? if so, i would go something like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], [name_f]Helen[/name_f] or [name_f]Diane[/name_f]

My favourite would be [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f], but I adore [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] and love seeing her so I’m liking [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] as well. I just love how they all sound together, the flow and the individual names.

I’ve chosen [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] from your list. I think the vowel sound of [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is perfect between your other names. It rolls off the tongue easily, flows nicely, and feels well suited in style. I find [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] a very formal and regal name all round. For me it belongs to a woman of high standing in ancient [name_m]Rome[/name_m] or perhaps during the Middle Ages. I also think of the number eight!

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is not a name that I would use but would love to meet a girl named! I see her as strong, enchanting, spunky. I chose [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] as middles because they flowed well and matched the style.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you see [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]?
I get a feeling of power and expansiveness from this name. It feels regal, strong, elevated, like a goddess or a queen. It’s definitely a feminine name in the sense of female energy, but it’s not delicate, dainty, or demure. It’s grand, dominant, and a little hungry.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you get any imagery with [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]?
I see crowns, gilded thrones, the color red, swords with golden handles, falcons, stone towers, lions, and burning desert sands.

What sort of middle name would you pair with it?
To me, this depends on the feeling you’re looking to evoke, and whether you would want to temper the more ferocious aspects of this name with something lacy and fairy-like, or whether you want to lean into the warrior queen vibes with something bold and striking.

From your options, I chose [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] because it had the best flow and [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] because to me, [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] has the strength to stand up to [name_f]Octavia[/name_f].

I know you said you’re not looking for suggestions, so I’m just providing a couple of examples of what I mean:
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Thora[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Frida[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]

Etc.

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] is my favourite! I see [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] as a strong name and it reminds me of an old Edwardian aristocrat. I think middles also depend on the vibe you’re trying to get, since to me [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] pairs well with longer and shorter names - e.g. if you were going for a sweeter vibe, something like [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] would work, though if you were going for a stronger vibe; something like [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] would work and if you were going for a more mysterious or magical vibe then something like [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] or [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] would also work.

Thank you [name_f]Adelina[/name_f]! Some helpful insigth there!

THIS!!! Thank you so much! I will need to have a think about how I want her portrayed and what would fit in with some of my fave other combos!