Forever Loves

Most of my long time infatuations began in junior high Spanish class. I still think these names are sooo gorgeous, if only in a Spanish accent: [name_m]Julio[/name_m], [name_m]Fernando[/name_m], [name_m]Diego[/name_m], [name_f]Milagros[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f], [name_f]Flor[/name_f], Adaneli, [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f]…
I’ve lived and traveled in Latin [name_u]America[/name_u] and have fallen for so many beautiful names over the years :blush:

3 Likes

Josephine, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

1 Like

Loved [name_f]Sally[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], since childhood. I think that endearing “ee” sound at the end may have swept me up!

Of late I’ve been fascinated by Welsh names; [name_f]Annest[/name_f], [name_f]Alys[/name_f], [name_u]Ceri[/name_u], [name_f]Betrys[/name_f]… somehow so simple and stunning!

How about these names, @acajou! Some of these feel you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Eileithyia!! :heart:

@bjoy I love all of these names too. Lots of my family members and childhood friends have classic Spanish names so the style is close to my heart. [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] is one of my absolute favorites and [name_f]Flor[/name_f] and [name_m]Julio[/name_m] come close too. Adaneli is new to me :grin: it’s beautiful.
I love the Spanish “eu” sound. I have an Eusebia and [name_m]Eustaquio[/name_m] in my family tree.

I think the name I’ve loved the longest is my chosen name, [name_f]Christine[/name_f] – although I remember falling in love with my classmate [name_m]Malik[/name_m]’s name and I still think it’s so beautiful. [name_f]Malika[/name_f] and [name_f]Malka[/name_f] too.

1 Like

Ísrún is definitely my oldest name love, it’s been on my list for almost 15 years and I’m still very much in love with it.

Other names I’ve loved for a long time:

Laertes, [name_m]Baldur[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] & [name_m]Chaim[/name_m] for boys
[name_f]Edda[/name_f], [name_f]Salka[/name_f], [name_u]Maria[/name_u] & [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f] for girls

1 Like

Eve and [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]. Always on my list, and always with the same combo - [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]. In fact, when I joined NB in early 2019, I mentioned it in my second post here. Second.

1 Like

Loved longest? okay
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m], add [name_u]Marie[/name_u], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] (for a girl), [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_f]Mildred[/name_f], [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f], [name_f]Erin[/name_f], [name_u]Jo[/name_u], [name_m]Clyde[/name_m], and there’s [name_u]George[/name_u] too.

this is unusually long.

edit: there’s the Alfred/Alfie/Albert/Archie gang too why did i forget about them

1 Like

I think for me it’s [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] has been on my list for the nine years that I’ve been on nameberry, but my boys names have changed more. I think my [name_m]Oisín[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] combo has been set for at least five years and my top girls name has been [name_f]Helena[/name_f] for at least four.

2 Likes

I’ve loved [name_f]Martha[/name_f] for about 3/4 years (maybe longer) and I’ve pretty much always had some variant of [name_m]Fred[/name_m]/Freddie/Alfred on my list.

My style has changed a lot and I’ve mostly forgotten what names I used to like (oops), but I remember being obsessed with the idea of having a Faolán “Wolfie” when I was younger, which I wouldn’t use now but I do still love the name.

2 Likes

Such a great thread!

So for girls it’s definitely [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I just love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] so so much I think it’s a beautiful name really effortless and romantic. I also really like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (but hate [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f]/Liz) I think because this was my Grandma’s name it has really happy associations I’m so happy that my one of daughters middle names will be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] after her.

For boys [name_u]Noah[/name_u] it’s a shame that it’s risen in popularity and now it’s so popular but in all honesty because I love [name_u]Noah[/name_u] so much it hasn’t put me off. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is a gorgeous name has a really outdoorsy vibe. I love the animal association with [name_u]Noah[/name_u]’s Ark it’s my favourite bible story reminding me of my childhood. I love [name_u]Noah[/name_u].

1 Like

Forever forever it’s been [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f]. I grew up with the myths and I always loved my goddess themed name growing up (very uncommon where I live, and I get endless compliments) so ever since I was little I’ve loved it. I hope they don’t get insanely popular, but then again that wouldn’t be terrible as they would be more usable.

1 Like

Hi there.

I’m 37, & I’ve been in love w/Guinevere since junior year in high school. I heard it in a Death [name_m]Cab[/name_m] for Cutie song. Still one of my favorite albums too.

I’ve loved [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] since I was 12. I was way into gymnastics, & she was my favorite gymnast. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] Podkopayeva won the gold medal at the 1996 olympics. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] isn’t necessarily on my list of possible names that I would use, but I still adore it. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom named her cat [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] 13 years go (kitty is still alive & well), so it’s sort of unusable anyway.

I’ve loved [name_f]Estella[/name_f] & [name_f]Esme[/name_f] since high school (both from books.) Neither of those are really on the list, but they’re loves non the less.

For boys, I’ve definitely loved [name_u]Julian[/name_u] since high school. The rest of the main list are a little newer. Except for [name_u]Finn[/name_u]! I was reading a baby name book on a family trip car ride when I was 14 to pass the time (you know, normal stuff for a teenager!), & came across [name_u]Finlay[/name_u]. Fell in love w/that one instantly. But since it’s become more popular for girls, I have just [name_u]Finn[/name_u] on my list.

1 Like

Won’t ever be using, but have loved these for a long time:

Brecken
[name_u]Peyton[/name_u]
[name_u]Rylen[/name_u]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]

Braden
[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Camden[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]

1 Like

Gus has probably been my longest love. A few years ago I got really into nicknames and finally found a longer version of [name_u]Gus[/name_u] that I loved even more then I love [name_u]Gus[/name_u]- [name_m]Fergus[/name_m]!

2 Likes

When I was thirteen-ish, I remember wanting to name my future son [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]. I still have both [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u] very high on my list, although I would use [name_u]James[/name_u] as a first now. [name_f]My[/name_f] oldest girls’ name love is [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] that I would still definitely use is [name_f]Catherine[/name_f].

1 Like

I used to love [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] and [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] but somewhere I lost interest.

I still love [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f].

1 Like

I wasn’t much of a namenerd when I was younger, but I did like [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_m]Alonzo[/name_m], and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], all of which are still on my list. And pretty much since I properly got into names (7/8 years ago) I’ve loved my current top names [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

1 Like

Tallulah and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]! I used them on dolls when I was a kid and have loved them ever since

I’ve loved my biggest love [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] for nearly 10 years now too

1 Like

Since elementary school:
[name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Sakura[/name_f], [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Christina[/name_f], [name_f]Katrina[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], Kimiko, Veronica, Rose, Kara, Silver, Pocahontas, Arista, Aquata, Attina, Aurora, Jasmine, Jade, Jane, Crystal, Zelda, Pandora, Tonya, Sonia, Wendy, Anastasia, Anya
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_u]Rye[/name_u], Balto, [name_u]Danny[/name_u], [name_u]Kyle[/name_u], Jake, Eric, Caspian, Edward, Aslan, Peter, Dimitri, Triton

Since middle school: Gwen, Candace, Vanessa, Fiona, Fleur, Kaya (from American Girl), [name_f]Viola[/name_f] (from 12th [name_u]Night[/name_u]), Ophelia, Juliet, Cordelia, Desdemona, Othello, [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m], Hrothgar, Peregrine, [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], Denali, Ben & ATLA names

1 Like