Forever tied to The Lion King?

[name_f]Nahla[/name_f]/[name_f]Nala[/name_f] - Is it forever tied to Disney’s The [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m]? [name_m]Will[/name_m] it always be associated with [name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_u]Berry[/name_u]? What are your thoughts on the name in general?

I like [name_f]Nala[/name_f] and have heard of people irl using it for their children but it does remind me of the lion king. Not the worst reference, I wouldn’t let it hold ya back

I don’t think so at all. [name_m]Plenty[/name_m] of Disney names get used all the time and no one thinks anything of it. [name_f]Nala[/name_f] is beautiful and if you like it then you should use it.

I’ll be honest. I do think of [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m]. I think the reason is because [name_f]Nala[/name_f] is a unique name, it’s like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] will be forever tied to [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. It’s not common, like [name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. That doesn’t mean it’s not usable, it just means you’ll have to be okay with people making that connection and bringing it up from time to time.

Great comparison, moondreams! That’s pretty much how I feel about it as well! At least she’s a great character to have the same name as! :wink:

Makes me think of [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m], but again, I don’t think that is bad

[name_f]Nala[/name_f] is beautiful! Yes, it is really associated with The [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m] but that’s a really good connection! She’s a strong girl and a great friend to [name_m]Simba[/name_m]. I had to look up the [name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_u]Berry[/name_u] association if it makes you feel better. I don’t see why that would be a problem, celebrities use names all the time…

Yes, [name_f]Nala[/name_f] is associated with [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m] but I do not think forever tied with the movie. I don’t see it like a name like [name_m]Elvis[/name_m], [name_f]Madonna[/name_f], [name_f]Beyonce[/name_f], [name_m]Kanye[/name_m], [name_m]Bono[/name_m], [name_f]Charo[/name_f], [name_m]Fabio[/name_m], [name_f]Rihanna[/name_f], [name_m]Prince[/name_m], [name_f]Oprah[/name_f], etc. As others have said, I do not think the association with [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m] is a negative.

A very pretty name…

I don’t think it’s too tied to The [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m] or [name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_u]Berry[/name_u] - it’s beautiful! I personally prefer [name_f]Nahla[/name_f] to look at (and the meaning is sweet), but the sound of both is absolutely lovely.

I don’t think it’s too tied to the movie, but the fact that so many people have named pets [name_f]Nala[/name_f] after the character in the movie would bother me. “Oh, that’s my cat’s name” is not something I would want to hear over and over again.

minxtruck, interesting point. I personally don’t know anyone who has named their pet [name_f]Nala[/name_f], but it’s worth noting that some do that!

I just realized my cousin named her dog, [name_f]Nala[/name_f], so there is some truth to that! I don’t think it’s as common as the previous poster thinks though, maybe in her area.