Frederick nn Red and sibsets, etc. Skip to page 2

He had a great birthday, thank you! He’s always a little unsure at parties, though, he loves attention with a small audience, but he doesn’t love too many people. He loved having cake and ice cream! It was the first time he got to try ice cream (and the second time he tried cake).

What about these combos?
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Luke[/name] - too much classicness, though? I feel like it might need a more whimsical middle in there.
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]William[/name] Warfield – too serious, no? I like the repetition of W and F, though.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Ann[/name] — too Affleck? But I love it
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Rose[/name] – too expected/descriptive
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] – also descriptive, but pretty
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] – too ‘red rose’?

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Lux[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Elaina[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Joy[/name]

[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name] is my fave, but not with a sister [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I don’t really like the name [name]Basil[/name]. To me, it will always be the main ingredient in pesto, something found in tomato bruschetta. JMO.

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m so glad that he had a good birthday! If you ever want the banana cake recipe for him, just let me know.

I love [name]Frederick[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Luke[/name], but I agree that with [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name], it needs something fun and unexpected. I love [name]Frederick[/name] [name]William[/name] Warfield! [name]William[/name] Warfield is my favorite middle!

I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Ann[/name], too. Yeah, I thought of Affleck, but I mostly thought of your grandma. :slight_smile: I agree that the noun second middles aren’t the best. What about [name]May[/name]? It also sounds descriptive, but to me, it’s less obvious than [name]Violet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (I think of a violet colored pearl) or [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]May[/name]?

I think that [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] is my favorite from the Marigolds. I also like [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Joy[/name]. :slight_smile: I really love [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name]!

I really, really love [name]Frederick[/name]!

I love your name lists, [name]Lyndsay[/name]!

Have a good night!

Mmm, I will ask you for the banana cake recipe for [name]Chris[/name]’ birthday in [name]May[/name], and I’ll make it with the chocolate frosting… that sounds so good!

[name]Glad[/name] you like [name]Frederick[/name] [name]William[/name] Warfield. [name]Chris[/name] likes it too, so I think it is a real contender! I also just noticed that [name]Dash[/name]'s middles are his dad’s first and then my grandpa’s middle, and [name]William[/name] Warfield is my dad’s first followed by his grandpa’s middle. I love the symmetry!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]May[/name] is great! [name]Don[/name]'t know why I didn’t think of that! I still love [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] (despite the nouny-ness). [name]Elizabeth[/name] is his grandma and [name]Ann[/name]/[name]May[/name] is mine, so I love that!

[name]Marigold[/name]/[name]Magnolia[/name] would have to cover both our moms then. [name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ann[/name]. Creety and [name]Kitty[/name], I’ve thought about [name]Kitty[/name] as a middle, but not with [name]Marigold[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name]. [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] is probably the best, but [name]Chris[/name] says he doesn’t like it. Hmm, ponder ponder. [name]How[/name] about [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]?

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]William[/name] Warfield
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]May[/name]/[name]Ann[/name]

Alternates: If I had three girls, the third would be Lulette. [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Goldie[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name] is great! For a boy, probably [name]Lincoln[/name] nn [name]Link[/name]. [name]Dash[/name], [name]Red[/name] and [name]Link[/name]. Loves.

I would be blissfully happy with this set of names. I hope I have them all someday!

I know what you mean… but pesto is pretty amazing, haha. [name]Basil[/name] is probably my favorite herb, too, such a refreshing scent! Not that I’m advocating naming a child after food… necessarily…

Oh, but I love [name]Freddie[/name]! Really, really love it! [name]Red[/name] reminds me of this shoe repair shop I used to go to with my father. We would drive downtown with his worn-out pair of dress shoes, he’d let me put coins in the parking meter (so exciting!), and then we’d go see [name]Red[/name]. [name]Red[/name] was this older, [name]African[/name]-American gentleman - well, maybe gentleman is a bit too formal for [name]Red[/name] - with one gold tooth and no real ones. He was a darn fine shoe repair man, though. Unfortunately, his shop closed and my dad and I couldn’t visit him anymore. It was a sad day when my dad told me. But, despite the sentiment, [name]Red[/name] does not do it for me. When I see [name]Dash[/name], I see a cherubic, fair-skinned, fair-haired little boy, but when I envision [name]Red[/name], I envision the old guy I just told you about. Seriously weird for me…

PS [name]Frederick[/name] [name]William[/name] Warfield is amazing! I love it even more because [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] has alliteration, too! If you could get some alliteration going in your girl combinations, I’d love them even more, too. Ha!

Take care, [name]Lyndsay[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love how [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] [name]William[/name] Warfield follow the same naming pattern! That’s so cool! :slight_smile:

I love the [name]Elizabeth[/name] combos ([name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]May[/name] is my favorite, with [name]Violet[/name] [name]Ann[/name] in second) and [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Kate[/name].

Oh my gosh! I love [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Goldie[/name], and [name]Lulu[/name] for [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Marigold[/name] and Lulette!

I love [name]Dash[/name], [name]Link[/name], and [name]Red[/name], too! Oh! I just realized that if you go with [name]Red[/name], you probably won’t want to go with [name]Goldie[/name] because of the color theme. If you have a [name]Frederick[/name] first, you could always go with [name]Magnolia[/name] instead of [name]Marigold[/name].

I love all of your names! [name]Dash[/name], [name]Red[/name], and [name]Link[/name] sound perfect to me!

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

I adore the name [name]Red[/name]. I’m so glad that these old-fashioned, laid back names are making a comeback. I had never thought of it as a nn for [name]Frederick[/name], but I’m glad someone did :slight_smile:

And, as [name]Jill[/name] knows, I also love the name [name]Anne[/name]…

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lyndsay[/name]!

I love your son’s name and hope he had a great birthday.

I’ve never been a huge fan of [name]Frederick[/name], but I love the nickname [name]Red[/name]. [name]Link[/name], [name]Red[/name], and [name]Dash[/name] sound great togther, plus I love [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name].

I saw that you love the name [name]August[/name] (it’s my favorite) and the nickname [name]Oz[/name], but don’t love [name]Oscar[/name] . . . I think you could call [name]August[/name] - Aus/[name]Oz[/name].

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Red[/name]!! I love all your names!

Good [name]Luck[/name]

I think [name]Red[/name] is a cool name. Sometimes those names that remind us of old men or women from our childhood are just the coolest ever! For example, when I was a child, we had a huge pressing machine for ironing suits in our garage. A very old, scrawny man named [name]Gus[/name] would come over every couple of months and press my father’s suits on the machine. He was a sweet man, and kept his mouth closed. It looked as if he didn’t have very many teeth. But isn’t [name]Gus[/name] a great name?
Then there was my Aunt [name]Bea[/name]. Her real name was [name]Beatrice[/name]. She talked about Deuteronomy (a book in the bible) non-stop. She always drooled a tiny bit out of the corners of her mouth. So what? She had an ultra-cool name and she meant well.
So I think the people who are considered to be uncool tend to have some of the names that are about to become uber-cool. [name]Red[/name] is one of my favorite characters in a movie. You know [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Freeman[/name]'s character [name]Red[/name] in “The Shawshank Redemption”? He is just the coolest!

I think [name]Red[/name] is a cool name. Sometimes those names that remind us of old men or women from our childhood are just the coolest ever! For example, when I was a child, we had a huge pressing machine for ironing suits in our garage. A very old, scrawny man named [name]Gus[/name] would come over every couple of months and press my father’s suits on the machine. He was a sweet man, and kept his mouth closed. It looked as if he didn’t have very many teeth. But isn’t [name]Gus[/name] a great name?
Then there was my Aunt [name]Bea[/name]. Her real name was [name]Beatrice[/name]. She talked about Deuteronomy (a book in the bible) non-stop. She always drooled a tiny bit out of the corners of her mouth. So what? She had an ultra-cool name and she meant well.
So I think the people who are considered to be uncool tend to have some of the names that are about to become uber-cool. [name]Red[/name] is one of my favorite characters in a movie. You know [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Freeman[/name]'s character [name]Red[/name] in “The Shawshank Redemption”? He is just the coolest![/quote]

[name]Gus[/name] is a great name, [name]Susan[/name]! I know two - one is [name]Augustine[/name] “[name]Gus[/name]” and the other is [name]Augustus[/name] “[name]Gus[/name].” I went to school (middle through high) with [name]Augustine[/name] “[name]Gus[/name]” - back in the day, he went by [name]Gusty[/name], but by the time we were 13-14, he was all [name]Gus[/name]! [name]Augustus[/name] “[name]Gus[/name]” was my freshman algebra teacher’s son! He was one cool kid, let me tell you…

To me, though, [name]Red[/name] isn’t in that category. [name]Red[/name] is a color, like [name]Blue[/name]. I just don’t care for it as a name, personally…

Take care, ladies!

PS It is so cool that you had an Aunt [name]Bea[/name]! [name]Lucky[/name]…

I love the nn [name]Red[/name] for [name]Frederick[/name]. I’ve never thought of it before and actually this new (to me) nn for [name]Frederick[/name] has made me take a whole new look at the name. I think [name]Red[/name] is very cool and very fitting with [name]Dash[/name]. I can absolutely see these two as brothers.
Some one on here not too far back named their son something [name]Redford[/name] or [name]Redford[/name] something (sorry for not remembering) I thought it was absolutely handsome and very cool. Two thumbs up for [name]Red[/name]!

So I think the people who are considered to be uncool tend to have some of the names that are about to become uber-cool. [name]Red[/name] is one of my favorite characters in a movie. You know [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Freeman[/name]'s character [name]Red[/name] in “The Shawshank Redemption”? He is just the coolest![/quote]

[name]Gus[/name] is a great name, [name]Susan[/name]! I know two - one is [name]Augustine[/name] “[name]Gus[/name]” and the other is [name]Augustus[/name] “[name]Gus[/name].” I went to school (middle through high) with [name]Augustine[/name] “[name]Gus[/name]” - back in the day, he went by [name]Gusty[/name], but by the time we were 13-14, he was all [name]Gus[/name]! [name]Augustus[/name] “[name]Gus[/name]” was my freshman algebra teacher’s son! He was one cool kid, let me tell you…

To me, though, [name]Red[/name] isn’t in that category. [name]Red[/name] is a color, like [name]Blue[/name]. I just don’t care for it as a name, personally…

Take care, ladies!

PS It is so cool that you had an Aunt [name]Bea[/name]! [name]Lucky[/name]…[/quote]

When I was little, [name]Gus[/name] was a very, very uncool name. So was [name]Bea[/name]. So was my Aunt [name]Flora[/name]'s name. So was my grandmother [name]Lillian[/name]'s name. So was my Aunt [name]Violet[/name]'s name. When I was your age, all those names were still very uncool. They have only become stylish in the last five to ten years.
You knew [name]Red[/name] as a child. Now you are a young lady. [name]Red[/name] is considered uncool. But I think of [name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Red[/name] as an Outhip the Hipsters name. [name]Red[/name] is on the cutting edge of cool. [name]Lyndsay[/name] is so super cool that she could pull that name off in her family! [name]How[/name] cool is [name]Lyndsay[/name]? She’s darned cool. I’ve seen her picture before, and that’s how I know!

Is [name]Red[/name] uncool? I don’t know. I agree with you - [name]Red[/name] or ([name]Frederick[/name] “[name]Red[/name]”) could be an Outhip the Hipsters name. That doesn’t mean I have to like it, though… :wink: But, if [name]Lyndsay[/name] and [name]Chris[/name] do, then they should go for it, for sure! Go [name]Red[/name]! Ha! - that just reminded me of the “Go [name]Red[/name] for Women” campaign…

And, [name]Lyndsay[/name], I bet you are one cool girl! [name]How[/name] else would [name]Dash[/name] be so cool? I bet you are a wonderful mama!

About [name]Gus[/name] being uncool - I remember the first time I found out that [name]Gus[/name]’ name was [name]Augustine[/name]. There was this huge big deal made among the teachers about how to pronounce it! Everyone was like, “Is it [name]August[/name]-een or aw-[name]GUS[/name]-tin?” I swear, the poor boy had to explain it so many times, and he didn’t even go by his full name (it was the latter pronunciation, by the way). Personally, I’m more of an [name]Augustus[/name] girl myself, but this [name]Gus[/name] - [name]Augustine[/name] - was named for his daddy, and that is pretty cool, too! Speaking of [name]Gus[/name], I think [name]Gus[/name] would be cute with [name]Dash[/name], too!

PS I don’t really care about this whole issue of [name]Red[/name] - I just want to see [name]William[/name] Warfield get used! It’s amazing!

OH my! I love that! What a great idea. Ok, man, I love that. Thats some top 5 material for sure.

[quote=“lyndsayjenness”]

OH my! I love that! What a great idea. Ok, man, I love that. Thats some top 5 material for sure.[/quote]

[name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]August[/name] is [name]AH[/name]-mazing, ladies! [name]Love[/name] it!

Haha, [name]Susan[/name], that is too nice of you! I’m not really very cool though, I used to be cool when I was younger. Marriage + [name]Baby[/name] haven’t upped my coolness factor at all, haha. I envy all those mommy bloggers who have a baby and become cooler. I do think we can pull off [name]Red[/name], though, it would work nicely for us, I think. I am very excited to have uncovered my very own outhip the hipsters name! I’ve wanted one ever since you invented the concept.

[name]Lemon[/name], I predict [name]Red[/name] is going to grow on you. I care for it either until [name]Susan[/name] made that thread about [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Girard[/name], [name]Humbert[/name] and [name]Red[/name] and someone (I can’t remember who it was, sorry!) wrote an amazing description of someone named [name]Red[/name]. That was only about a week ago and I love it now. I wouldn’t like it as a stand alone name, though. But as a nickname for my beloved [name]Frederick[/name]? Makes me swoon. I think if you ever met an adorable little [name]Red[/name] you might change your mind. Or a hot, athletic guy.

[quote=“lyndsayjenness”]

Haha, [name]Susan[/name], that is too nice of you! I’m not really very cool though, I used to be cool when I was younger. Marriage + [name]Baby[/name] haven’t upped my coolness factor at all, haha. I envy all those mommy bloggers who have a baby and become cooler. I do think we can pull off [name]Red[/name], though, it would work nicely for us, I think. I am very excited to have uncovered my very own outhip the hipsters name! I’ve wanted one ever since you invented the concept.

[name]Lemon[/name], I predict [name]Red[/name] is going to grow on you. I care for it either until [name]Susan[/name] made that thread about [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Girard[/name], [name]Humbert[/name] and [name]Red[/name] and someone (I can’t remember who it was, sorry!) wrote an amazing description of someone named [name]Red[/name]. That was only about a week ago and I love it now. I wouldn’t like it as a stand alone name, though. But as a nickname for my beloved [name]Frederick[/name]? Makes me swoon. I think if you ever met an adorable little [name]Red[/name] you might change your mind. Or a hot, athletic guy.[/quote]

Yeah, [name]Lyndsay[/name], you ARE cool. And don’t let anyone tell you any differently. I have seen your picture, and you look gutsy and fun. I love the way you dress. And you are very pretty! Your little [name]Dashiell[/name] is handsome, too, and has a big personality. The time to be cool is now. I’m trying to be cool at my age, and it is kind of fun. But my pants felt very tight today. Blah!

The name [name]Red[/name] makes me think of a gorgeous watercolor of a very handsome French rooster with really bright colors!