Fresh ideas for Irish boys names!

Looking for fresh ideas for boys names, preferably Irish origin. We are not currently expecting but ttc. I love [name_m]Dempsey[/name_m] and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], but husband is not sold. I love the more popular [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Eoin[/name_m] [[name_u]Owen[/name_u]] but hubby says they’re too popular. Husband loves [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], but I’m not in love. We do not want something super popular. Last name is a common Irish name starting with [name_u]Cal[/name_u] and ending with an. Middle name of our firstborn be after my late father ([name_m]Scott[/name_m]), regardless of the sex of the baby. Girls name we have had picked out 6 years ago… [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Any fresh ideas? We have played the “name game” for years without a consensus for a boy!

My son is [name_m]Conall[/name_m], which is a pretty common name in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], with strong meaning & history but uncommon in the US. I am always looking for names that have these same qualities and are not trendy like [name_m]Liam[/name_m] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. I love [name_m]Dempsey[/name_m]! That would be my favorite from your three. I’m not crazy about [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] and am neutral about [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]. Some others:

[name_u]Niall[/name_u]*
[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]*
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]
[name_m]Colm[/name_m]
[name_m]Conall[/name_m]
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]* - maybe becoming trendy, taken in my family!
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Callen[/name_m]
[name_m]Kellen[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] - could be next [name_m]Declan[/name_m], I see both likely becoming popular
[name_u]Shea[/name_u] - unisex
[name_m]Callum[/name_m] - Scottish Gaelic
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]*
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Dempsey[/name_m]*
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]/[name_u]Finn[/name_u] - popular but love it
[name_m]Quillan[/name_m]*
[name_m]Quinlan[/name_m] - close to [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] for a girl
[name_u]Tiernan[/name_u]*
[name_u]Farrell[/name_u]
[name_m]Keane[/name_m]*
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] - popular but still like it
[name_u]Keenan[/name_u]
[name_m]Conlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Brendan[/name_m]*
[name_u]Darby[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]

I really like [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] nickname [name_m]Shep[/name_m].

@maurab-
I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Conall[/name_m]! Unfortunately it clashes with our [name_u]Cal[/name_u]- last name. Same with [name_m]Colin[/name_m] and [name_m]Cannon[/name_m] (which I also love). I love [name_m]Eamon[/name_m]… will need to add that to the list of names I am trying to convert hubby to. At this point he’s so sold on [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] he just won’t hear anything else. I do love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and have considered that as a mn for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] if we have a girl later on (not first born). Thanks for a great list!

@glitterbug-
ME TOO! Sigh. I just think [name_m]Shep[/name_m] would be so cute and fun and laid back.

[name_m]Alastar[/name_m]
[name_u]Bran[/name_u]
[name_m]Conley[/name_m]
[name_m]Daire[/name_m]/ [name_u]Dara[/name_u]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_u]Grady[/name_u]
[name_u]Keenan[/name_u]
[name_m]Lonan[/name_m]
[name_m]Orrin[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]