Freya or Cara?

which one and why.
middle name will be [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].
thanks!

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] is a favourite of mine. I love it so much. It has so much history and an ethereal quality to me while (I feel) being totally wearable and even international. It’s also prettily spelled and fun to say! I can’t say enough good about it.

[name_f]Cara[/name_f] is a nice name, but it just doesn’t make me feel anything special. I’ve seen it pronounced as care-a and carr-a and confused with [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] many times growing up (it was quite popular with my generation in the 80s and 90s).

With [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] especially, I feel like [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is the better match. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is lovely and elegant. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] would be a gorgeous combo!

I love [name_f]Cara[/name_f] more as a name - tough but sweet - but I like the combo [name_f]Freya[/name_f] Evageline better

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] sounds much better and special than [name_f]Cara[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] just has a magical touch to it while [name_f]Cara[/name_f] is just too tough and probably difficult for some to pronounce correctly.

I’ve always loved both names.

However, I prefer [name_f]Freya[/name_f].

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] rolls off the tongue, it sounds fresh, but still familiar and it’s easy enough to say.

With [name_f]Cara[/name_f], I don’t feel like the combo rolls off the tongue quite as nicely. And with my own name ([name_f]Tarah[/name_f]) I can tell you how often people misspell and mispronounce it, especially on the phone. I get [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Cara[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Karen[/name_f] etc. Not that that’s the end of the world, just a minor inconvenience LOL.

I suggest saying them out loud if you haven’t already to get a sense of how it feels in your mouth or how naturally either name sounds.

I prefer [name_f]Cara[/name_f]. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] just makes me think of fraying. I think they both flow equally well with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

[name_f]Cara[/name_f] has a lovely meaning and goes nicely with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Cara[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] better (if you’re pronouncing it “care-a”.) [name_f]Cara[/name_f] sounds more human to me whereas [name_f]Freya[/name_f] sound more mythological, but if you like that, go for it!

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] all the way! More special and less likely to mispronounced

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], hands down. I adore [name_f]Freya[/name_f], and as a Norse pagan, she’s a prominent figure in my pantheon. The name is so ethereal and beautiful, and when you add to this that it’s the name of a glorious goddess of love, beauty, fertility, sorcery, and war who rides about in a chariot pulled by cats, I think it’s pretty hard to beat!

I like both but would choose [name_f]Freya[/name_f] as it feels more interesting.

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Freya[/name_f], so I’d pick [name_f]Cara[/name_f] over [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. But combos-wise, [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is gorgeous!

I think [name_f]Cara[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] ages gorgeously.

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is magical :slight_smile: