FtM - Torn between two names

I’m torn between two names at the moment, but not 100% sold on either. My chosen middle will most likely be [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]. The two names I’m torn between are [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_m]Jackson[/name_m].

I’ve been using the name [name_m]Liam[/name_m] for a little over two years off and on, and although I’m used to the name, I’m not sure if it’s ‘the one’. I made a list of reasons as to why I’m not completely sold on it.

To name a few is, I’m not a fan of it being the #1 most popular name, and I didn’t mind it since it wasn’t even in the top 100 in the year I was born, but I’ve been seeing it more and more, making it less appealing to me. I’ve even seen alternate spellings lately (Leam).

One of the other reasons is I’m not a huge fan of the alliteration with my surname (LL).

I love the meaning of [name_m]Liam[/name_m] more than [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], but considering the alliteration and popularity, I don’t know if I want to continue using [name_m]Liam[/name_m] despite everything, go with [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], or find something else.

[name_m]Jackson[/name_m] - and all of its various possible spellings - is also extremely popular right now. I hear both names quite frequently.

Ended up searching some of the popular names of my decade, and I don’t mind [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], and especially like the nickname “[name_u]Danny[/name_u]”, and [name_m]Colin[/name_m]. Not sure about either at the moment, though I’m leaning towards [name_m]Colin[/name_m] if I decide to go with it.

[name_m]Colin[/name_m] is nice though i really like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]!.
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m] is nice too. [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], [name_m]Callum[/name_m] and [name_u]Evan[/name_u] came to mind too

[name_m]Colin[/name_m] is quite nice! Between [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and [name_m]Liam[/name_m], I prefer [name_m]Liam[/name_m]. I would say they’re pretty on-par in terms of popularity due to [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]’s various spellings.

I think [name_m]Colin[/name_m] is lovely. That’s what I would pick.

I don’t think you should go with [name_m]Liam[/name_m]. You like it, but clearly don’t love it, and you shouldn’t settle for a name you don’t love! I will say that you will hear [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] almost as much as [name_m]Liam[/name_m] on babies. It’s less popular but that’s without combining [name_m]Jakson[/name_m], [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m], Jaxxon, Jaxxyn and everything else. I love [name_m]Colin[/name_m]! I think it’s a really handsome name and it sounds really fun and friendly to me. That said you don’t have to pick a name that was popular when you were born, obviously.
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Clay[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Gus[/name_u]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] or [name_m]Nate[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]/[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]

How about [name_m]Leif[/name_m] as an alternative to [name_u]Liam[/name_u]. Although I like [name_u]Liam[/name_u] much more than [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] but it is fairly common.

Or picking up on your middle name - go with [name_u]Orion[/name_u]. And choose a new middle. Like [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]Rex[/name_u] or [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_m]Leif[/name_m].

How many syllables is your last name? I like to mix it up so every name isn’t the same number of syllables.