Full name Barnabus or Full name Barnaby?

Sorry to be a pest but I really like [name]Barnabus[/name] and [name]Barnaby[/name] from the Bible. He will NEVER be called [name]Barney[/name]. I think I like [name]Barnabus[/name] as his birth name nn [name]Barnaby[/name] but not sure? I like calling out [name]Barnabus[/name] better than just [name]Barnaby[/name]. Help!

I like [name]Barnabus[/name] better than [name]Barnaby[/name]. I’m just not sure it’s really possible to prevent him from ever being called [name]Barney[/name]. [name]Barnabus[/name] is a mouthful, and [name]Barney[/name] is an obvious and easy way to shorten it. You may be able to threaten family members sufficiently to prevent them from using [name]Barney[/name], but once he’s in school among his own peers, I think all bets are off. I can definitely see the appeal of [name]Barnabus[/name], but the looming threat of [name]Barney[/name] would be enough to keep me from considering it. Not to mention, what would you call him for short if you got tired of saying [name]Barnabus[/name]? ([name]Barnaby[/name] hardly does the trick, since it’s equally long)

I love [name]Barnaby[/name]!:slight_smile:
What about [name]Barry[/name] as a nn?

I think [name]Barnaby[/name] is a little more user-friendly if you’re intent on keeping it from being shortened. If you call him [name]Barnabus[/name] instead, I think people will want to shorten it, he probably will too. It’s a little fancier, more odd, people will want to “friend” it up, make him on equal par with themselves in normal conversation, while [name]Barnaby[/name] already has that quality, I think.

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Barnaby[/name], nn [name]Abe[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I love nn [name]Abe[/name]!!! Thank-you

[name]Barnaby[/name] is a great time, just as it is! If you start shortening it to other things people are going to feel more license to shorten it to [name]Barney[/name] or [name]Barn[/name] or whatever. Name him [name]Barnaby[/name] and call him [name]Barnaby[/name], I say!

I love [name]Barnaby[/name]!

:slight_smile:

You could call him [name]Barns[/name] for short.