Full name for Effie besides Elizabeth/Euphemia?

I suppose the title says it all. I like [name]Elizabeth[/name], but know three, and [name]Euphemia[/name] is just not going to happen! I think [name]Effie[/name] has the same cute vintage charm that [name]Hattie[/name] and [name]Elsie[/name] do, but with a bit more edge. :slight_smile:

[name]Stephanie[/name] would work I think, it has the eff sound.

[name]Josephine[/name] is the name that I have heard.

I’ll second [name]Josephine[/name]! Also:

Persephane
[name]Sephora[/name]

[name]Ophelia[/name]! I’ve actually met a little [name]Ophelia[/name] who was called [name]Effie[/name] about half the time.

I second [name]Josephine[/name].

[name]Persephone[/name] was my first instinct, also like the idea of [name]Josephine[/name] :slight_smile:

I really like the ideas of [name]Persephone[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name]! I like [name]Josephine[/name] too, but I think of Aunt [name]Josephine[/name] from a Series of Unfortunate Events.

Not to derail my own thread but how does one create a poll? I attempted by making a new post, but it quickly became confusing! I’m thinking of doing a poll about my favorite Greek names, usable in real life; [name]Persephone[/name], [name]Calliope[/name], [name]Hero[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Clio[/name], [name]Lyra[/name].

I don’t know if you can add one to a thread you’ve already started but I know how to make one in a new thread. Go to Post a New Thread as normal, write your post and title as you always would, then scroll down to the bottom and tick the box to “Post a [name]Poll[/name]”, and change the number of poll options you need (it defaults to 4). Then go back up and “sumbit new thread” as normal and on the next page it gives you the option to write your poll question and fill in the poll options :slight_smile:

I think [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Seraphine[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name] and [name]Persephone[/name] were good suggestions:)

I went to school with an [name]Effie[/name]. Her full name was [name]Frances[/name]. I could see it being a nn for [name]Francine[/name] too or really, any F- name.

Any name that starts with an F! ([name]Fiona[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Florence[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Faye[/name], [name]Flavia[/name]…)
Or: Any name that has a strong F/Ph sound in it: [name]Stephanie[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Daphne[/name]…

I agree that any name that starts with an “F” (or even has the “F” sound in it!) could work. I know a mom who has a [name]Fiona[/name] who goes almost exclusively by [name]Effie[/name]. I love the suggestions of [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], and [name]Daphne[/name]… I think [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Freya[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name], [name]Sophie[/name]/[name]Sofia[/name], etc., could all work too.

[name]Persephone[/name] works wonderfully as a full name for [name]Effie[/name], I think. My favourite is [name]Ophelia[/name], though.

It’s pretty sweet on it’s own too.

Why not go with [name]Elvira[/name] and use the cute nn of [name]Elvy[/name]?

rollo

[name]Rollo[/name], I love the idea of [name]Elvy[/name]! Reminds me of Elv, a character in an [name]Alice[/name] Hoffman novel, but her full name is [name]Elizabeth[/name]!

I know [name]Effie[/name], her full name is Ephrocene.

Very Greek.

So we have it solved! [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn of [name]Elvy[/name]!

rollo

My Greek husband’s aunt is nicknamed [name]Effie[/name] - her full name is “Eleftheria”

My first thought was [name]Josephine[/name] :slight_smile: but I love the suggestion of [name]Ophelia[/name]/[name]Ophelie[/name]

And I agree with other posters names starting with F like :

[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Faline[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]

or with a strong ‘eff’ sound like:

[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Jennifer[/name]

[name]Effie[/name] can also be a nn for [name]Ethel[/name].