Full name for nn WELLS

[name]Hi[/name] Berries,

I am currently trying to find a boys name that would allow me to use the nn [name]Wells[/name]. I really love it, but don’t feel comfortable using at a given name.
[name]Maxwell[/name] is the obvious one, but its a bit high on the popularity list for me, also we have a good friend with a son with that name. And if the rumors are true and [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Simpson[/name] uses it for her daughter, I’m afraid it may “go to the girls” as so many great boy names do.
[name]Wellington[/name] is the only other one I can think of and its a bit much for me. [name]Do[/name] you berries have any suggestions??? Thanks so much!

I really, really hope [name]Maxwell[/name] doesn’t “go to the girls”… it’s such a handsome name. Anyway, I couldn’t come up with much, but the one idea that did spring to mind was [name]Bramwell[/name] or its variation [name]Branwell[/name] - the latter was the brother of the three [name]Bronte[/name] sisters, so there’s a little bonus literary connection there. Good luck!

i like the name Wellson and you could call him [name]Wells[/name] with that. Maybe the name [name]Weldon[/name] or [name]Wellington[/name]. My most favorite would probably be just [name]Maxwell[/name] though. or you could go with Maxwells and add an ‘S’ onto it.

[name]Howell[/name]
[name]Blackwell[/name]
[name]Llewellyn[/name] (prn loo-WELL-in)
[name]Lowell[/name]
Noël (a stretch, but it could work)
[name]Welby[/name]

[name]Wellesley[/name] would be another option that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

I think [name]Maxwell[/name] is a great way to get to [name]Wells[/name]! Another celeb used it before [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Simpson[/name] announced that she was using it (I believe it was [name]Lindsay[/name] [name]Sloane[/name]?), and that hasn’t affected its appeal on girls, as far as I know, so I think it’s safe. Besides, the only way a boys’ name goes to the girls is if people let it! If you love [name]Maxwell[/name] nn [name]Wells[/name], I would use it. :slight_smile:

If you still want other options, though, I think [name]Wellington[/name] and [name]Wellesley[/name] are great options. I know a little boy named Wellinson, too, so I think that could be an option, but maybe not much better than [name]Wellington[/name]. As a stretch, maybe [name]Wendell[/name]?

Here are some other ideas:

[name]Howell[/name]
[name]Walton[/name]
Weller
[name]Welton[/name]
[name]Wendell[/name]
[name]Roswell[/name]

Wellace, like [name]Wallace[/name]? I dont know

I just found another one: [name]Newell[/name]

I think [name]Wendell[/name] would totally work! I love [name]Maxwell[/name], but I understand if the popularity bothers you, although I sincerley doubt it will go girl. To me, [name]Wellington[/name], [name]Wellesley[/name], [name]Bramwell[/name], [name]Blackwell[/name], ect. seem made up for the nn [name]Wells[/name]. (not to offend anyone!) Anyway, that’s a vote for [name]Wendell[/name]!

Catienels, I hate to contradict you, but all those names that you mentioned have been established as either first names or surnames (or both) for several centuries now.