Full name to get to nn Rio

Lately liking the nickname [name_u]Rio[/name_u] for a boy and looking for a longer name to get to the nickname. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] and I suggested [name_m]Adriano[/name_m], which would coordinate with our boys, [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], and could give us the [name_u]Rio[/name_u] nn, but he doesn’t want a namesake. We like [name_m]Dario[/name_m] too, but it sounds funny with our last name.

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Adriano[/name_m] as gateway to [name_u]Rio[/name_u]. Other suggestions:

[name_m]Darrion[/name_m]
[name_m]Mario[/name_m]
Olivero
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Riccardo[/name_m]
[name_u]Rosario[/name_u]
[name_m]Vittorio[/name_m]

[name_u]Rio[/name_u] is also a great name on its own.

1 Like

[name_m]Alvario[/name_m] / [name_m]Alverio[/name_m]
[name_m]Demetrio[/name_m] / [name_m]Demitrio[/name_m]

[name_u]Rosario[/name_u]?

Think we could use [name_u]Rio[/name_u] with one of the combos we’re considering: [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Oisin[/name_m]? The letters are there, but out of order.

Some names I haven’t seen:
[name_m]Enrico[/name_m]
[name_m]Rigo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ringo[/name_m]
Rinon
Rimon/Rymon
[name_m]Pellegrino[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrino[/name_m]
[name_m]Rubino[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Rio[/name_u], and I love the idea of it as a nickname.

[name_m]Ambrosio[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurelio[/name_m]
[name_u]Darian[/name_u]
[name_m]Enrico[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederico[/name_m]
Georgio
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m]
[name_m]Marino[/name_m]
[name_m]Nazario[/name_m]
[name_m]Oriol[/name_m]
[name_m]Ramiro[/name_m]
[name_m]Zorion[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Rio[/name_u]! I’m pretty sure it originally comes from the spanish name [name_m]Valerio[/name_m]. It would also fit with your other boys!

Perhaps [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] or [name_m]Darius[/name_m]?

Don’t take my suggestion (it won’t fit into the sibset) and I don’t know if I made this up but I like [name_m]Riordan[/name_m] nn [name_u]Rio[/name_u] as a first name. (For a boy OR girl. PS I don’t read [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] but a lot of my classmates do so I know some stuff)

[name_m]Ricardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Roderigo[/name_m]
[name_m]Romeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Riordan[/name_m]

[name_m]Reynaldo[/name_m] /Reinaldo was my first thought. I think it pairs well with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]

[name_m]Dario[/name_m] is lovely! :frowning: So sad it doesn’t flow with your surname.

[name_m]Aurelio[/name_m] and [name_m]Mario[/name_m] are my first thought.

I love Adriano
And I love Rio as a nn
Maybe:
Mariano
Mario
Horatio
Valerio
Rogerio
Rodrigo

Going in a different direction than the other comments (which are great!): I’ve always liked [name_u]Rio[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_u]River[/name_u]. Sound/ letter-wise I think it’s close enough, and then rio / río means river in Portuguese and Spanish.

[name_f]My[/name_f] best friend’s son is [name_u]River[/name_u], so that’s out for us. Thanks though!