Full names for Chess?

Full names for nicknames [name_m]Chess[/name_m]?

I don’t care for [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u], and I like [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], but want to know your opinions.

For a boy I love Chester but am still looking for more options.

What about [name_f]Chesney[/name_f]?

For a boy, maybe [name_m]Hutcheson[/name_m] or [name_m]Rochester[/name_m]?

1 Like

thanks! I actually do love names like [name_m]Rochester[/name_m] and [name_m]Hutcheson[/name_m]; elegant and vintage.

Do you like [name_m]Chess[/name_m] for a boy or a girl more?

Growing up I lived opposite a girl who was [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] nn Chesca, so I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] nn [name_m]Chess[/name_m] also makes a lot of sense!

Chester is nice. [name_m]Rochester[/name_m] is cool! I’m not sure I can think of that many other boys names that work with it.

Personally I love [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] nn [name_m]Chess[/name_m], so I prefer it on a girl. But I think [name_m]Chess[/name_m] is a cool nickname for any gender.

1 Like

Francesca or [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]Chester[/name_m] for a boy does seem obvious. I think also [name_m]Charles[/name_m] could totally work.

I love the suggestion of [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] for a girl. That makes perfect sense, & it’s lovely. I think that you could probably also do [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]?

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s interesting NB lists [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] as a girls-only name, since the only Chesneys I know of are male ([name_f]Chesney[/name_f] Hawkes, [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] from Coronation [name_f]Street[/name_f], [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] “[name_m]Chet[/name_m]” [name_m]Baker[/name_m])

2 Likes

huh…that is strange!!

And it lists chesley as a unisex name

is [name_m]Chester[/name_m] too dated or old fashioned?

and what about [name_f]Crescent[/name_f]?

1 Like

How about Chesten? It’s a Cornish name, related to [name_f]Christine[/name_f].

1 Like

cool!

Old fashioned and dated names are all the rage. [name_m]Chester[/name_m] seems like a charming choice to fit in w/all of the new/old grandpa names. It’s one that you rarely hear though, which makes it even more fun. The local cat rescue center in my city just took in the most ridiculously adorable Persian cat named [name_m]Chester[/name_m], so I may be a bit biased as of late enjoying that name! :cat:

1 Like

Chester is fine, definitely unusual but well known enough to be wearable - in a class of Arthurs and Henrys I think he fits right in!

As for [name_f]Crescent[/name_f] - that leads naturally to Cress, but it does have the ‘Ch’ sound so [name_m]Chess[/name_m] is more of a stretch. Same with [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], imo.

1 Like