Fun, Clever Pregnancy Announcements?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! [name_f]My[/name_f] hubs and I just found that we are expecting!! We’re still very early in the pregnancy (just shy of 5 weeks) but my family has a lot of fun with these announcements so I’m trying to come up with some clever and unique ways to surprise my parents and sisters with the news!

Does anyone have any fun and unique ideas? [name_u]Or[/name_u] just tell me how you announced your pregnancy to your family members!

Thanks!

1 Like

There are a whole bunch of them on pinterest! I have an entire board if you wanna follow me mollykate224. I also thought there was a really good idea where you guys make a slideshow of you and your husband and at the end you have a photo of “And then there were 3” of a sign hanging on a tree where you guys are in the background if you know anyone who could take that photo.

1 Like

Congratulations! When my aunt was pregnant, she made a photo book filled with pictures of our extended family and showed it to people. At the end of the book, there was a picture of her ultra sound and the baby’s due date under it. Maybe you could do that? It’s just an idea.

2 Likes

Have your husband pretend to take a “picture” of you and your parents! On the count of three, he’ll say “Alright, everybody say --------- is pregnant” and, instead of taking a picture, he’ll record their reactions!

7 Likes

Also: There are tons of pregnancy reveal video compilations on YouTube. Maybe that could give you some ideas?

1 Like

@RileyAddison13 - Oh, I have spent hours watching those at this point! Haha, they did give me some great ideas though!! :blush:

For our first, we showed our family around our house because we’d been remodeling some rooms and the last room we showed them was the nursery with the ultrasound in it.

For our second, we had our daughter wear a shirt that said “Big Sister”.

1 Like

With our first, it was no secret to our family that we were TTC but once it happened we told my best friend who planned an elaborate scavenger hunt for my family (she is a fixture at many family functions) with the end goal being a clue about a pink baby onesie.
It went well for everyone in my family except for my mom. I spoiled it for her when I ran back in after the rules were announced as my morning sickness had come to bite me in the butt.

[name_f]My[/name_f] in-laws were first time grandparents, and having a special grandparent names (i.e. Grammy, [name_u]Nana[/name_u], etc.) was something they’ve always done in that family, so I made a brochure for each of them on Canva as a catalog of grandma or grandpa names to choose from! It was fun and helpful haha! :sweat_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom loves her dog as well as the pets of her kids, so I made her a card that said “from dog grandma to human grandma” or something like that, then gave her a Grandma necklace to go with it (one from Etsy that said the year she became a mom and the year she was going to be a grandma).

[name_f]My[/name_f] siblings were long distance, so I tricked them into picking up some photos I “accidentally” sent to their Walmart (because I had ordered items for them from their Walmart before). They opened up the pictures when then saw an ultrasound picture and a picture that said their names with aunt and uncle!

We do a bunch of taste tests with my husband’s family, so we did another one with his brothers that still lived at home. We did applesauce from a bunch of different brands plus a mystery one that was actually apple baby food :apple:

For his siblings that loved far away, we did a game of Among Us, and the rest of us in the family put our names in as Dad, Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle 1, and Uncle 2

For one of our grandma’s, we did the old take a picture (but really a video), then we said “sayyyyy ‘Audrey’s pregnant!’”

For our Facebook post, I set up our dog (named [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] after [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]) in a [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] stuff with a sign that said “Sirius is excited to be a godfather!” Along with a could other non-HP pics we took haha

P.S. sorry I didn’t realize this post was 2 years old

1 Like