Fun Names Ive come up with

So, [name_m]Ive[/name_m] been TTC for 3 years now. Im 36 this month, and I have had to kinda accept that I may never have children. Its been a long emotional journey, but I love coming up with names. So i have so many. Some you will like, and others you will despise. Lol! Some names [name_m]Ive[/name_m] came up with on my own, later to discover that theyre actual names. Lol! Because i am fantasy nerd, i desperately wanted to name a girl after fairies and mermaids. Anyway, ill get on with it.

[name_f]Sereia[/name_f] (Sur-RAY-ah) Portuguese for mermaid
Sirenna (sir-in-nah) another pronunciation of [name_f]Sirena[/name_f], meaning mermaid, siren, enchanter
Ellalyse [Madeup] (El-la-lees) [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] Promised by [name_m]God[/name_m]
Aisrielle [Made Up] (Ase-ri-elle) a blended name of [name_f]Aislyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Rielle[/name_f]. Could mean [name_m]Vision[/name_m] of Angels, or [name_f]Dream[/name_f] of Angels
Ayliana [Made Up, but starting to be used] (Aay-li-ana) [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
Kierslyn (Keers-lyn) Could be derived from the
[name_m]German[/name_m] name meaning, ‘Cherry’. [name_m]Or[/name_m] the [name_m]Irish[/name_m] name [name_m]Kir[/name_m], meaning, ‘little dark one’
[name_f]Kyrielle[/name_f] (keer-ri-elle) means poetess. However some stray away from this name because of religious connections and can also mean “Lord Have Mercy”. I just love the sound of it
Seriana (Sah-ri-ana) named derived from several languages. Meaning [name_m]Gold[/name_m], beauty, diamond
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] (soo-ni-vah) Scandinavian origin meaning ‘Sun Gift’. [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] was an english saint. Fun NNs: [name_f]Sunny[/name_f] or [name_f]Niva[/name_f]
[name_f]Caelia[/name_f] (Kay-li-ah) means heavenly and was the name of the [name_f]Faerie[/name_f] [name_f]Queen[/name_f] in Arthurian Legends.
Auơrinė/Ausrine Eng Pro(Aas-reen) Lith Pro (Osh-rin-nù) Lithuanian [name_f]Star[/name_f] Godess.
[name_f]Ileana[/name_f] (il-li-ana) The name of a Romainian fairy godess of springtime. Her last name is Sanziana.
[name_f]Ziana[/name_f], also a name meaning fairy
[name_f]Zana[/name_f], meaning fairy
Saliah (sal-li-ah) meaning ‘Princess’ (Hebrew)
Saliya (Sal-li-yah) meaning ‘Heart’ (Sanskrit)

I have loads more. But we’ll start off with these. Lol! If your looking for a unique baby name , or need to find a name for a fanasty character, I hope this helps! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] Naming!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

[name_f]Sereia[/name_f], Sirenna, Aisrielle, Ayliana, [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] and [name_f]Caelia[/name_f] are pretty!

You’ve probably heard of them, but [name_f]Siofra[/name_f], [name_f]Meraud[/name_f], [name_f]Saga[/name_f], [name_f]Parisa[/name_f], [name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f], and [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f] might appeal

1 Like

[name_f]Siofra[/name_f] (I believe thats pronouced Shee-frah :thinking: ) , [name_f]Parisa[/name_f], and [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f] I have heard of! :grin:

[name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Meraud[/name_f] are ones i have not heard of! What is they’re meanings?

Becuse [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f] and Neraida, are the oceanic mythological women of Greece, I came up with the name Neraya. [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] a spin on [name_f]Sereia[/name_f] and Neraid.

I forgot to put [name_f]Melia[/name_f]. Which means honey or ash tree. Its the name of one of the daughters of Greek gods Okeanos. I love it for its meaning, its origin and still being simple yet timeless :blush:

1 Like

As a Portuguese, it’s lovely to see [name_f]Sereia[/name_f] in here! It’s a magical word and it could be a great name. We do not pronounce [name_f]Sereia[/name_f] as sur-ray-ah, though. If you write on Google translate, you will get the Brazilian Portuguese pronounciation and in the link above, you will find the European Portuguese pronounciation.

https://pt.bab.la/pronĂșncia/portugues/sereia

[name_f]Sirena[/name_f], [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f], [name_f]Ileana[/name_f], [name_f]Ziana[/name_f] and [name_f]Zana[/name_f] are beautiful!
I also like [name_f]Kyrielle[/name_f] but I would pronounce it Ky-rie-elle, like a mix of [name_f]Kylie[/name_f] and Ariel/Arielle.

You may like [name_f]Nereida[/name_f], [name_f]Dianella[/name_f], [name_f]Melia[/name_f], Lindita, Iracema, Nympha or Ninfa, Eneida, Jacira, [name_f]Athaliah[/name_f], [name_f]Maiara[/name_f], [name_f]Nayeli[/name_f], [name_f]Yara[/name_f], [name_f]Diantha[/name_f], [name_f]Ourania[/name_f], [name_f]Maristella[/name_f], [name_f]Inanna[/name_f], [name_f]Odelia[/name_f], [name_f]Amarachi[/name_f], [name_f]Divina[/name_f], [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] and [name_f]Arianell[/name_f].

1 Like

Thank you so much for giving me the correct pronunciation for [name_f]Sereia[/name_f]. I always tought if I had twin girls, they would be [name_f]Sereia[/name_f] [name_f]Rhianne[/name_f] (mermaid queen) Saliah Fayreen (princess fairy)
Haha! I know lots of people would call me crazy. But if I was a little girl, Id love those names. [name_m]Even[/name_m] as an adult, I would still appreciate a name like that. I also love those names you have mentioned. Lots ive heard of. I cant tell you how much ive scoured the internet looking into fables, folklore, and fantasy looking for enchanting names. Name a country, [name_m]Ive[/name_m] looked into their folklore. :sweat_smile:

Side Note: The name Reen means unicorn in [name_m]Islam[/name_m]. At least according to the internet. Im sure someone from a islamic speaking country will correct that. Lol! But just what the internet said.

1 Like