Furniture Names

I have noticed that my fave furniture companies often name their furniture wonderful names. They name couches, chairs, beds, nightstands, end tables, and even hall trees! These companies are Drexel-Heritage, [name]Maine[/name] Cottage Furniture, and Stickley Furniture. I have only bought a little bit of furniture from one of these companies - Drexel-Heritage - and what I got was floor models, but I love looking at all three web sites.
I thought I’d start with a name list on sofas, so you can see what these companies have named their sofas. Later we can talk about what we’d name our own sofas! That will be interesting.

Sofa Names:

from [name]Maine[/name] Cottage Furniture:

[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
Bradstreet
[name]Hilda[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Monty[/name]
[name]Norma[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Venus[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name]

from Drexel Upholstery:

[name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Ruthanne[/name] - my very favorite sofa other than my own sofa which is beyond wonderful. I found it on the sidewalk in front of an antique store. I’ll be thinking of a name for it.

from Heritage Upholstery:

[name]Adaria[/name]
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Angeli[/name]
[name]Belinda[/name]
[name]Marcelle[/name]
Medici
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Winslow[/name]

Stickley Furniture

[name]Eastwood[/name]
[name]Prairie[/name]

If you have a fave furniture company or other fave company that names their products great names, tell us about it and share a list of the names. Thanks! After a while I will make another list of end tables and nightstands.

I used to sell furniture actually, never bought any wholesale while I had the chance, but I put together my dream sofa once and fell in love with the fabric named [name]Mireille[/name]. Unfortunately, there are some really nice names people pitch out there that make me think more appropriate for a furniture or china pattern. My favorite purse was named [name]Waverly[/name].

I think people who love too many names for all the children they want should go into some sort of business where they can name things like dresses and teacups and flower hybrids and house plans and street names, if they’re not into pets or houseplants.

This list really has some interesting names. I did my own review on them all.

[name]Adeline[/name] -Very cute and vintage.
[name]Audrey[/name] -Getting popular, and I’d like it more if not for that “odd” sound.
Bradstreet -[name]Little[/name] to uppercrust-y if you get my drift.
[name]Hilda[/name] -No.
[name]Lena[/name] -I love this! I think it has simple beauty and it’s also fairly underused. (Good thing!)
[name]Libby[/name] -I’ve always liked this and think it’s a good substituite for [name]Lily[/name].
[name]Monty[/name] -Boy or girl? [name]Don[/name]'t really like it.
[name]Norma[/name] -Not terrible, but too old lady for me.
[name]Nina[/name] -A nice name in general, though a little plain.
[name]Venus[/name] -No.
[name]Zelda[/name] -No.

[name]Keaton[/name] -Cute country-clubber-name, but I don’t see it aging well.
[name]Rupert[/name] -Nah, Stewies teddy bear on family guy!
[name]Ruthanne[/name] -A bot fifties, but I could see it working.

[name]Adaria[/name] -Is this a real name? Would make a good [name]Arianna[/name] alternative.
[name]Adriana[/name] -I like it but it seems to extravagant.
[name]Angeli[/name] -I want to say “and jelly” so, no.
[name]Belinda[/name] -A nice sounding name that’s a good fill-in for [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name].
[name]Marcelle[/name] -Nah, but I’m biased because of a contestant on Top Chef I strongly disliked.
Medici -Italian-American ridiculousness. Too over-the-top for me.
[name]Vincent[/name] -Not my choice, but it is a nice name.
[name]Winslow[/name] -No.

[name]Eastwood[/name] -I actually like this. Has potential to be stunning on a little cowboy.
[name]Prairie[/name] -Like Medici; over-the-top.