FuzzBall's Top 5 Names! (With meanings)

I’m feeling a little sentimental today, so I figured I’d share with everyone FuzzBall’s favorite names. Ever since I’ve joined, I’ve admired the people with 20 names on their UC. I’m working my way up, so I’d like to share with you my top 5. Thank you for reading!

Zelda Olivia Kay

Summary

This will be the name for my future eldest. Zelda for the meaning and for the connection the game gave me with my sisters. Olivia is to honor my stillborn sister, and Kay continues a family tradition. Because Zelda will have two honor names, I wanted to give her a bold, unique name that she can make her own. It’s beautiful! It also continues a funny tradition where we have names that are in popular films or media.

Lumi Andromeda

Summary

One of my long-time loves! With winter being my favorite season, how could I resist Lumi? Andromeda combines my love for space and honors my mother, Heather. It evokes such beautiful imagery, either of snow or of the starry night sky.

Bee Antonia

Summary

The bright and spunky Bee remains one of my favorite girls’ names ever. I was first introduced to it with the series, Bee and Puppycat (which is a wonderful series; I highly recommend it for anyone feeling a little stressed), and I loved how the name sounded when the characters said it. (Also, she totally embraced her name, as her sweaters often had a bee on them!) I understood that she might want options when she’s older, so I paired Bee with the timeless Antonia. Altogether, her name means “priceless bringer of joy.”

Dahlia Winter

Summary

I love gardening, so a floral name was right up my alley. Dahlia is serene and mature, so I decided to pair it with a lighter middle name. Dahlia Winter evokes an image of frost-covered flowers in a snowy field. It’s a name that will age with her. I do realize that having a Bee and a Dahlia may seem a little silly, so I suppose we’ll see what the future holds (I’m not pregnant for a looong while, ha ha).

Juno Saoirse

Summary

The boldness of Juno drew me in. Mythology is a long-time passion of mine, and I love that Juno is easy to spell and pronounce. Alas, it is growing more popular, but that’s all right. It’s fun and has cute nn opportunities (think Junebug (though I see this more coming from grandparents than me, lol)). Saoirse honors my Irish heritage; it means a lot to my mom, so I want her to be honored with the name of her grandchildren.

And that’s it! Thank you for reading! I welcome comments, questions, and concerns. :joy:

8 Likes

All so gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Beautiful names!

1 Like

Zelda [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u] is unexpected, mystical and lovely

Lumi [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] is dreamy and starry

Bee [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] is sweet but rugged

Dahlia [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is so fresh and lovely

Juno [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] is my favourite. Glowing, free and beautiful

1 Like

Lovely!

1 Like

I freaking loooove [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]! It always make me think of F. [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m]’s wife, but even though she was a sad figure, I’ve always been fascinated by her name and her story ever since I first heard it. However, I also imagine an eccentric, bright woman too. Z is not a common letter for the beginning of names either!

As for the others, [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] is another favorite! Cool girl names for sure :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Love these combos! [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is my favorite! [name_m]Just[/name_m] gorgeous!

1 Like

They’re beautiful!

1 Like

these are really lovely!! my favourites are [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]!

1 Like

These names are all so beautiful and the meanings behind them are so meaningful! I love your names so much; every single one! You have persuaded me to love [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]; it is so whimsical and magical with that magnificent edge! I love love [name_f]Juno[/name_f], especially paired with [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f], [name_f]Bee[/name_f] and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] have been long time favourites and [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] is just amazing!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes_cat:

Hope this helps,
@Tiger15

1 Like

All of these names are beautiful! When my mother was pregnant my step-father was adamant that my sisters name would be [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] until they finally settled on [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] a month before her grand entrance. I also love that you are using [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] to honor you sister!

1 Like