Gabriel

One of my favorites for a boy is [name]Gabriel[/name].

What do you think of it?

Any MN ideas?

[name]Do[/name] you think that it’s too “religious” sounding for someone who isn’t (like I am)?

[name]Do[/name] you think the ending would run into the beginning of a last name like mine starting with a “la” sound (some say that a first name should not end with the same letter as the first one of the last name, but here the sounds are a bit different; some other names that I like with a similar ending that I’ve wondered about are [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name] for girls).

I think it would be ok running into ‘la’ as long as you’re pronouncing it the usual n.american way like ‘[name]GABE[/name]-ree-ul’. The only [name]Gabriel[/name] I know is Venuzuelan and goes by ‘[name]Gabe[/name]’ most of the time but sounds ‘[name]Gab[/name]-ree-[name]ELLE[/name]’ (or even ‘Gav-ree-[name]ELLE[/name]’) when he pronounces his full name himself.

I love [name]Gabe[/name]! And I don’t think it sounds too religious at all, or that it would be a problem with an La- last name. Go for it!

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Gabriel[/name], but not with a last name beginning with an L, because the L sounds run together. (That’s just me, though.)

If the back-to-back Ls don’t bother you, that’s seriously all that matters. And for what it’s worth, [name]Gabriel[/name] doesn’t feel like a religious name to me…

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Gabriel[/name]! [name]Gabe[/name] is the only nickname I’ve heard for it. I think it’s adorable. I wouldn’t worry about the last name, as long as you don’t think it sounds bad that’s all that matters.