Gender-neutral alternatives to Erin

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for names that are more gender neutral (they don’t have to be listed as unisex on nameberry) than [name_f]Erin[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]? [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering :slight_smile:

The first name I thought of is [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. And then [name_u]Easton[/name_u]. I would suggest [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] since it contains two syllables, starts with e and ends in an n sound like the other names. You would like a gender neutral name though.
As I don’t live in the US and I don’t know what names are used for both genders (in my country all names must be gender distinctive), I used the Nameberry’s page as a guide. Some suggestions starting with e as [name_f]Erin[/name_f] (I chose names that sound more feminine than masculine at least for me)
[name_u]Elif[/name_u]
[name_u]Elisha[/name_u]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u]
[name_u]Evian[/name_u]

Some other suggestions
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_u]Allison[/name_u]
[name_u]Alva[/name_u]
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_u]Dana[/name_u]
[name_u]Dara[/name_u]
[name_u]Harmony[/name_u]
[name_u]Hilary[/name_u]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]
[name_u]London[/name_u]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_u]Marion[/name_u]
[name_u]Nelly[/name_u]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_u]Whitney[/name_u]

I know that some of them are or used to be mostly masculine but I can’t help thinking of girls and women wearing them when I hear them.

I hope I help you!

Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m],
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]

If you wanted something similar to [name_f]Erin[/name_f] you could possibly just change the spelling as the sound is the same for both [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] and [name_f]Erin[/name_f]. Perhaps you could spell it something to the effect of [name_m]Aron[/name_m], [name_m]Arin[/name_m], or [name_m]Aren[/name_m].

There are not a lot of names that I consider to be neutral but some may consider the following: [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Abbott[/name_u], [name_m]Hart[/name_m], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Emory[/name_u], [name_u]Grey[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_u]Navy[/name_u].

Re: [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], both [name_u]Nick[/name_u] and [name_m]Cole[/name_m] are traditionally masculine and could work depending on what you are thinking. Otherwise [name_u]Nico[/name_u] maybe?

I like the alternate spellings of [name_f]Erin[/name_f] that can make it gender neutral from entangler above.

Other names in the Irish theme:
[name_u]Shannon[/name_u] (I know boys and girls)
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_u]Finlay[/name_u]
[name_u]Dara[/name_u] ([name_f]Ireland[/name_f] vs US)
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Nikola[/name_u] ([name_u]NIK[/name_u]-uh-luh) for [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]? [name_u]Nikola[/name_u] is unisex here in Europe, as it’s a variant of [name_u]Nicola[/name_u] but also a boys name (as in [name_u]Nikola[/name_u] [name_f]Tesla[/name_f]).

I love [name_u]Rory[/name_u] =) I think [name_f]Erin[/name_f] is probably more neutral than I thought. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

[name_f]Erin[/name_f] can also be spelt Eren, which is usually more used as a boys name than a girls name I think so a bit more gender neutral :slight_smile: