Genesis.

I’ve seen this name popping up on the name countdowns, but I have yet to see anyone name their child that. Anyone here have a [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] or are thinking of giving the name to a child? If so, what made you choose the name or why are you thinking about it? I think it could work for a boy or girl. I’m not really sure if I like it, I’m not religious… At all… But I think it is an interesting name.

I think it sounds cool, but I dont like it because it looks cheesy to me (no offense to anyone who loves this name or has a child named this)

I don’t know any at all, but I know I strongly detest it.

LOL. Upon thinking about it more since I made this post I don’t think I like it. Random question though that kind of has nothing to do with this… When will I be able to make a Signature? [name_f]My[/name_f] posts look so bare without a siggy.

I am unsure how I feel about it lol. I liked it for quite awhile as a girls name, and then it caught on pretty hot, it was number 55? last year? So it’s definitely being used. I really stopped liking it so much but now it’s catching back onto me for a little boy :slight_smile:

Honestly, it strikes me as trashy. I hope I’m not offending anybody, I actually think it sounds intriguing (although I strongly dislike the nicknames [name_f]Gen[/name_f]/[name_f]Genny[/name_f]), but somehow it feels rather lower-class.

Go to Settings (closer to top right corner of the page). There’s an [name_f]Edit[/name_f] Signature link in the column on the left. You can edit your signature once you sign up.

Yeah maybe that’s it, it’s intriguing… But I don’t think I like it.

THANKS! I’m so terrible and figuring crap like that out. My attention span is WAY too short. If it’s not in the first place I look I’m like “NEVERMIND I GIVE UP”

I have a friend with a baby [name_u]Genesis[/name_u], it has a cool sound, and the familiar nn [name_f]Genny[/name_f] if when she grows up she decides [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] is too out there. It’s not really my style but I wouldn’t say it was a horrible name.

The reason [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] is so popular is because it’s megapopular among the Hispanic community. I went to an elementary school with a student body that was like 70% Hispanic (mostly [name_f]El[/name_f] Salvadorean) and there were quite a few Genesises even back then. I can see the appeal; it sounds pretty good in Hispanic accents and is just generally a cool-sounding word.

I love [name_u]Genesis[/name_u]. I like as an alternative to the nickname, [name_f]Ginny[/name_f]. I definitely consider it in the future.

I don’t like it. To me, it’ll always be the first book of the Bible.

I know 14-years old girl named [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] and i don’t like this as a name at all. To me it sounds like something from 20 kids and counting show.

I know of a young child named [name_u]Genesis[/name_u]… I think it is kind of tacky name and the name [name_f]Genny[/name_f] around me is a brand of beer (Genesee Brewery)… It just has very little pleasant attributes to me but there are worse names.

I think it’s really pretty looking and sounding, but I wouldn’t use it personally.

I totally had a friend who named their kid [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_f]Nirvana[/name_f]… The name itself sounds cool but I don’t think I’d use it personally.

Around here, it’s popular in the black community, not Hispanic!