George or Gideon?

Which do you prefer: [name_u]George[/name_u] or [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]?

(These are both new loves of mine. I’m sure I’d choose a middle name with B, F, or H.)

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m], it’s just so handsome!!

Both are wonderful names! I would have to go with [name_u]George[/name_u] tho! It’s one of my favs!! I just picture this young, little man teaching a small boy how to shake hands or rocking a little baby to sleep. As long as you don’t choose [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], I’m sure I’d adore it! :full_moon_with_face: :maple_leaf: :dove:

Personally I prefer [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]! But I wish it had more obvious nicknames… I’ve considered [name_u]Gio[/name_u] or [name_m]Deon[/name_m] but neither feels intuitive. [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] meanwhile is an adorable nickname, but I don’t like [name_u]George[/name_u] so much.

george is one of my favorite boys names ever so it gets my vote! i like gideon but it reminds me of the phrase “giddy up” which just make me not love it but both names are really sweet and you couldn’t go wrong with either!

I much prefer [name_m]Gideon[/name_m].

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] for me !!

[name_u]George[/name_u] is a family name and just feels very common in our circle

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I think that I like [name_u]George[/name_u]. It’s just so classic & friendly. It has the sweet natural nn of [name_u]Georgie[/name_u], but also [name_m]Geo[/name_m]. And I really like just [name_u]George[/name_u]! [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] isn’t a bad name. It’s kind of interesting & vintage & quirky. It just sounds maybe too nerdy to me. Although I also love the idea of [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] nn [name_u]Gio[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

As an abstract name, [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]. It’s so lilting and fun to say. But for my own child I’d choose [name_u]George[/name_u] because the Biblical associations with [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] feel overbearing and I like the sweet meaning “farmer.”

I like both, but I love [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]! It’s cute and a little nerdy, and I enjoy the fun energy it has.

I have a [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] so that’s my choice for sure!

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]! I really love strong biblical names.

I think [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] would be sweet.

Never been a fan of [name_u]George[/name_u]

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is wonderful! [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] or [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] would be my picks

Both are so so great. I love the classical charm and simplicity of [name_u]George[/name_u]! I’d pick [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], or [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] as combos.

I would go for [name_u]George[/name_u], strong, classic, ageless.

For me I can’t get over the Giddy potential of [name_m]Gideon[/name_m].

I like George better! It feels handsome and timeless to me, and Georgie is just adorable for a little one!

1 Like

i’ve got to go with george :maple_leaf:

so timeless and sweet, and the nickname georgie!

george frederick would be cute!