Getting Desperate Now

See the results of this poll: What’s your favourite?

Respondents: 95 (This poll is closed)

• Carolina Marie : 16 (17%)
  • Gabrielle Marie : 6 (6%)
  • Hazel Marie : 32 (34%)
  • Holly Marie : 16 (17%)
  • Laurel Marie : 12 (13%)
  • Penelope Marie: 13 (14%)

I love [name]Hazel[/name]! The other ones are just not my style at all

thanks mollykat, that’s helpful! Any other suggestions for us?

[name]Holly[/name]'s gorgeous, my favourite out of your list by far.

thank you Essjay! I worry that [name]Holly[/name] might be a bit Christmassy for an [name]April[/name] baby. Am i over thinking this?!

I love [name]Penelope[/name], adorable. The others are all very nice too. Not a huge fan of [name]Carolin[/name]-A, I like [name]Caroline[/name] better, and I worry about [name]Gabrielle[/name] when [name]Gabriel[/name] is so popular.
[name]Hazel[/name], [name]Holly[/name], and [name]Laurel[/name] are nice - [name]Hazel[/name] is on our short list as well :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Marie[/name], I think it’s a very pretty name:) Classy but sweet.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]! You just can not go wrong with [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. I do associate [name]Holly[/name] with a [name]Christmas[/name] baby, but I am a person who over thinks names, others probably wouldn’t.

I have to agree with others. I like [name]Hazel[/name] the best from your list.

I think [name]Laurel[/name] has the loveliest sound, it is such a flowing, soft and pretty name, and so underused, it makes a great choice.

Is [name]Marie[/name] a name of someone in the family that you are trying to honour?

I think some of the combos work a little better with [name]May[/name] or [name]Maeve[/name] as the middle name eg [name]Laurel[/name] [name]May[/name], [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] and these two are my favourite first names on your list too.

rollo

Okay, I voted [name]Holly[/name] [name]Marie[/name], cuz there don’t seem to be a lot of younger Hollys. However, I do know several adults with the name:
1 [name]Holly[/name], 2 [name]Hollie[/name] and 1 [name]Holli[/name], but it does seem a tad Christmasy for an [name]April[/name] baby.
[name]How[/name] about [name]Avril[/name] [name]Marie[/name]? [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name] would be nice, but I’m not a fan of [name]Carolina[/name].
I love the suggestion of [name]Anne[/name] [name]Marie[/name]! I’ve always loved it as a double-barrel name. [name]Annie[/name] is started to grow on me, and would make a cute nn.
Have you thought about using [name]Marie[/name] as the fn? I’ve heard it used for a child on a tv show once, but not in real life.

wow, thanks everyone for your replies and opinions! It’s been really helpful!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Carolina[/name]!! [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Mae[/name] would be adorable. I think the A at the end gives it a little more spunk, which I like. I prefer the state pronunciation

I love [name]Holly[/name] and [name]Laurel[/name]! And no [name]Holly[/name] isn’t too Christmasy. If you like the name go for it!

I voted [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Marie[/name]! It’s just so pretty and sweet. I have a coworker named [name]Carol[/name] that I call [name]Carolina[/name] all the time, haha, so I have a good association to it. [name]Cara[/name], [name]Caro[/name], [name]Lina[/name], and [name]Callie[/name] are really cute nns, too.

I like [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] second and third best, I think. I usually prefer [name]Hazel[/name] to [name]Penelope[/name], but I love the nn potential for [name]Penelope[/name] (particularly [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Lola[/name]), so that’s why they are as they are. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Holly[/name] and [name]Gabrielle[/name]!!!

Here are some names I associate with your name list. I love [name]Laurel[/name] and [name]Holly[/name].
[name]Hazel[/name]- [name]Myrtle[/name], [name]Liesel[/name], [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Holly[/name] (love this, not too Christmassy to me)- [name]Hollis[/name], [name]Dolly[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]- I voted for this one! So cute. [name]Lana[/name], [name]Loretta[/name], [name]Loraine[/name], [name]Marielle[/name], [name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]- [name]Nell[/name] I like, but [name]Penelope[/name] isn’t my taste
[name]Carolina[/name]- I like [name]Cara[/name]-lee-nuh more than [name]Cara[/name]-line-uh. Also like [name]Cara[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Carolyn[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]- [name]Brielle[/name]

Well it seems like there is a clear favourite here. Thanks to all of you who voted, I wasn’t expecting anywhere near that many responses!
Thanks as well for all the advice on names not currently on our list (might have to do another poll now!)

I like [name]Holly[/name] [name]Marie[/name], has a lovely ring to it. Isn’t there an actress called [name]Holly[/name] [name]Marie[/name] Combes? that why I probably think it fits too.

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Marie[/name] & [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Marie[/name] are the only ones i like from your list, others aren’t my style at all.

I adore [name]Hazel[/name] but know 2 local to me both other 30 and they have very negative connations for me so could never use. I think it’s a gorgeous name though and always encourage people to choose it if it’s on ther shortlist!