Getting to "Amy"

I have always loved the name [name_f]Amy[/name_f], and hopefully that will be the nickname of my someday-future daughter. However, I prefer slightly longer names (2-3 syllables), and I have a short list of names that I think can be shortened to [name_f]Amy[/name_f]:

[name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Amira[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]

What do you guys think? My concerns with the names on here are that [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] is too out-there, [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is too popular, and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] will have to spend her entire life explaining “No, not [name_f]Emily[/name_f]…” Are there any other names that could be shortened to [name_f]Amy[/name_f]?

Thank you so much for all of your opinions!

[name_f]Amica[/name_f], or [name_f]Amata[/name_f]? [name_f]Amy[/name_f] itself is lovely, and could be used formally, I think.

[name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]…America…or you could give her a name w/initials [name_f]AMY[/name_f] ([name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Melisande[/name_f] [name_f]Yvonna[/name_f]).

I saw a girl named Amybeth once, and I thought that was super cute.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]- I do like this, really. Its a feminine name but with a strong connotation to heroism.
Amaranthia
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Amberly[/name_f]- I love this; Its like putting [name_u]Everly[/name_u] and [name_f]Amber[/name_f] together.
Amerys
[name_f]Ameline[/name_f]
[name_f]Amilyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Aimee[/name_f]- Very cool.
[name_u]Amery[/name_u]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]- Super cute! Its not too out there, being that its a [name_f]Virtue[/name_f] name.
[name_f]Amoree[/name_f]
[name_f]Amita[/name_f]
Amika
[name_f]Jessamy[/name_f]

[name_f]Remember[/name_f], the A’s can be pronounced [name_m]Ah[/name_m] instead of Ay, and may not make sense with the nickname [name_f]Amy[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Amberly[/name_f]…
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - too poplar
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] - everyone will hear [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f] - she will never live down the association of Amityville Horror

I love [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f], [name_f]Amara[/name_f], and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] <3

From your list, I love [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Amity[/name_f] and [name_f]Amara[/name_f] the most. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Amaya[/name_f]/[name_f]Amaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]/[name_f]Amandine[/name_f]
[name_f]Aimee[/name_f]

I know a girl named Amylou and think her name was lovely - rare too!

Thank you so much for the responses and suggestions! I really like, out of the suggested names, [name_f]Amara[/name_f], [name_f]Amabel[/name_f], and [name_f]Amaya[/name_f]. Also, I had never thought of “[name_f]AMY[/name_f]” as initials…what a cool idea!

I once made a character’s initials [name_f]AMY[/name_f]…a male character in fact! (His actual first and middle names were clearly masculine though, and the “Y” was for his last name.)

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is absolutely my favorite of your choices! I went to school with an [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] with nn [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] a lot too, but might get mistaken for [name_f]Emily[/name_f] depending on where you live. Either of those choices are beautiful names in and of themselves and naturally shorten to [name_f]Amy[/name_f].