Getting to Jace

I’ve been playing around a bit with the name [name_u]John[/name_u] (family name) and have been trying to come up with some fun variations/combos.

What do you think of each combo below on its own and which one would be your pick to get to [name_u]Jace[/name_u]? Thoughts on [name_u]Jace[/name_u]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_m]Zane[/name_m] or [name_u]Jace[/name_u]? (Zane is said to be a version of John)

[name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] “Jace” (due to initials JC)

[name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Carson[/name_u] “Jace” (due to initials JC)

[name_m]Jacob[/name_m] _______ “Jace” instead of [name_m]Jake[/name_m] (or pick a C middle name for initials JC)

[name_u]Or[/name_u] just use [name_u]Jace[/name_u] on its own

1 Like

I like [name_u]Jace[/name_u] on its own and much prefer it to [name_m]Zane[/name_m]. However I can appreciate honoring family.

[name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] is nice

Others:

[name_u]John[/name_u] [name_m]Jason[/name_m] or [name_m]Jason[/name_m] [name_u]John[/name_u]
[name_u]John[/name_u] (Jonathan for better flow?) [name_u]Chase[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Case[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_u]Ace[/name_u]

Good luck

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Zane[/name_m] to [name_u]Jace[/name_u] but the connection to [name_u]John[/name_u] isn’t super clear, even if legitimate. [name_u]Jace[/name_u] at least shares the initial and the length.

[name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] “Jace” is a great idea – not just the initials JC, but also the “ase” sound in [name_u]Casey[/name_u]. I think it works a little better than [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Carson[/name_u] for that reason, but both work.

[name_m]Jacob[/name_m] “Jace” also works well to me. The letters are there even if the hard K sound in [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] isn’t quite the same as the soft C in [name_u]Jace[/name_u]. [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] or [name_u]Carson[/name_u] would also work well.

But if you love [name_u]Jace[/name_u] best, I see no reason not to use it on its own! It’s a perfectly nice, established full name in its own right. Your other options work, but I’d say only use them to get to [name_u]Jace[/name_u] if you genuinely prefer them to [name_u]Jace[/name_u] on its own.

1 Like

I really love [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] or [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_m]Jason[/name_m] !

1 Like

[name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] “Jace” is clever! I like it!! [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] would be nice too!!

I do like just [name_u]Jace[/name_u] best though! It’s a cool name! You could always use a [name_u]John[/name_u] variant as a middle -Jace [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] came to mind

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_u]Jace[/name_u] on its own!

1 Like

[name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] is a pretty straightforward way to [name_u]Jace[/name_u] for me. [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] [name_m]Ceasar[/name_m] might work too.

I think if you like [name_u]Jace[/name_u] or [name_m]Zane[/name_m] more just going to [name_u]Jace[/name_u] or [name_m]Zane[/name_m] is good enough on its own. It really depends on your own name style and comfortability.

1 Like

If this matters to you, the initials JC (usually for first and last, though) are used a lot in literature as a symbolic reference to a religious icon.

I love [name_m]Zane[/name_m] and [name_u]Jace[/name_u] on it’s own.

I think [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] is your best bet - the “ace” sound in [name_u]Casey[/name_u] works really well for what you’re trying to do.

Also this is purely my opinion but I like the idea of [name_u]Jace[/name_u] having more options name-wise - I know [name_u]Jace[/name_u] is a full name in and of itself but it really has a nickname vibe for me, maybe because it sounds similar to so many other full names (Jason, Chase). So I like your [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] idea.

2 Likes

FWIW my husband’s name is [name_m]Jason[/name_m] and I call home [name_m]Jase[/name_m] (Jace works too!). I actually love his name because it’s familiar but not overly popular (and we’re millennials).

I know someone who just used [name_u]Jace[/name_u] for their new baby, so I think it can standalone. I personally prefer it as a nickname, however.

1 Like

I vastly prefer [name_u]Jace[/name_u] to [name_m]Zane[/name_m], especially as a nickname to [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]. [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] is nice too. If you like [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], there’s a character in the Shadowhunters series that is [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jace[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Jace[/name_u] on its own is best, especially paired with a long middle name.

1 Like

I like [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_m]Caysen[/name_m] (rhymes with Mason). But [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Casey[/name_u] is nice too! [name_u]Or[/name_u] just use [name_m]Jase[/name_m]! I also learned recently that [name_m]Ian[/name_m] comes from the name [name_u]John[/name_u], which gives you different options for honor names but doesn’t help with using the nn [name_u]Jace[/name_u].

1 Like