Getting to Meg? 👒

I love sweet [name_f]Meg[/name_f], but I’m not quite convinced she’s quiet substantial enough on her own. (If you’d like to take this post as an opportunity to convince me that [name_f]Meg[/name_f] alone is all right, I welcome that as well!) Though, I love a good full name/nickname match.
So… what could [name_f]Meg[/name_f] be short for?

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] of course, and [name_f]Megan[/name_f], and even [name_f]Megara[/name_f], but… anything else you can think of? I’m so curious.

Many thanks in advance! X

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Margery[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Magda[/name_f]
Megna
Mary-Eglantine (or any other m-starting first name)

That’s all I can think of…
Unless you use the initials M.E.G. (!)

1 Like

I’ll add Magdalena and Magdalene

[name_f]Madrigal[/name_f]
Margarita/Margareta
[name_f]Magdala[/name_f]
[name_f]Magali[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Meg[/name_f]. I even love [name_f]Nutmeg[/name_f] as a nn.

[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] is my favorite, but I think many M names work. [name_f]Megara[/name_f] sounds like a giant corporate entity to me! I also love [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f].

[name_f]Merrigan[/name_f], [name_f]Morgane[/name_f], [name_f]Margalo[/name_f], Maguelone, [name_f]Magdala[/name_f] or even [name_f]Morag[/name_f]? The latter especially isn’t to everyone’s taste but I think it’s fabulous.

[name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Nutmeg[/name_f], if you’re feeling really brave (or naming a cat!) :cat2:

@Halloween_Jacqueline Thank you! X I really love [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], and [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] is divine. The idea is MEG initials is so intriguing to me!! And could work, as my last name begins with a G!

@may.rose Gorgeous. :relaxed:

@kmdharrington Oooh, [name_f]Magali[/name_f]! What an underrated gem. Thank you.

@Harvest-Endellion What a beautiful spelling/version of [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]! I really love that. Also loving the idea of [name_f]Megara[/name_f] being a corporation- it could totally be one of those medicines in those big, long television ads! I mostly think of the Disney [name_f]Megara[/name_f] myself, though.

@katinka Loving [name_f]Merrigan[/name_f], [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], and [name_f]Margalo[/name_f] with all my heart!!! Plus [name_f]Morag[/name_f]- she is so very cool. There’s a planet in the [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] Universe called [name_f]Morag[/name_f], and I’m pretty sure it’s quite a cool place (if I correctly remember)! Makes me like the name even further. Thank you x

@tanushka [name_m]Ah[/name_m], such a quirky one! [name_f]Meg[/name_f] would make a glorious nn for [name_f]Magenta[/name_f], true. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I like [name_f]Meg[/name_f] on it’s own :woman_shrugging:t3: but then I like nn names like [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f] and [name_u]Dessie[/name_u] and I feel like [name_f]Meg[/name_f] is one that grows with you and feels solid.

I love the suggestions of [name_f]Merrigan[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] and Magali!!

[name_u]Madigan[/name_u] is one I haven’t seen mentioned

1 Like

@Greyblue [name_f]Meg[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] on their own as sisters would be the sweetest pair. :heart_eyes: Also adore [name_u]Madigan[/name_u]! How cool!! Thank you.

1 Like

[name_u]Omega[/name_u]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]! But I think [name_f]Meg[/name_f] could stand on its own.

1 Like

@Chococat [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is one of my favorites! Oh, I absolutely adore [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] nn [name_f]Meg[/name_f]. Thank you thank you!

2 Likes

I know someone with the full name [name_f]Meg[/name_f] and she wears it wonderfully. Maybe it’s just because of this association, but I definitely think [name_f]Meg[/name_f] can stand on its own.

2 Likes

Now I can’t help but think about how cute [name_f]Nutmeg[/name_f] would be as a middle name - maybe [name_u]Alma[/name_u] [name_f]Nutmeg[/name_f], doesn’t that just sound like a perfect cottagecore / witchy name.

To get back on topic , I honestly think [name_f]Meg[/name_f] is lovely on its own - I find it sleek and stylish, kind of like [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] or [name_f]Eve[/name_f]!

2 Likes

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] would be my choice!

1 Like