Gilmore Girls Rory's Baby!

Soo huugee gilmore girls fan here and i have always wondered what rory would have named her baby we obviously dont know who the father of the baby is and i dont if it would of affected… İ feel like she would want to include her mom and richard some way or another
What do you think?
What would [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] name their baby?
What would [name_u]Jess[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] name their baby?
What would [name_u]Rory[/name_u] name her baby without any influence?

I remember the earlier seasons with Rory and Jess the best so going to think about just this one!

I feel like it would have to be a literary name, especially something related to classic American literature. I could see them picking Atticus or Holden for a boy, and maybe Harper or Scout for a girl!

They could use Lorelai as a middle name (or just Rory?), to keep passing on the name in some form. I’m not sure about a boy middle, possibly straight up Richard or maybe Luke? :thinking:

2 Likes

I think [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] “Liam” for a son, I imagine she would want to name the child after [name_m]Luke[/name_m] but [name_m]Luke[/name_m] would not be so keen on having a namesake, instead wanting his father’s name that he would have used if he had the chance to name a baby. [name_m]Richard[/name_m] for her grandfather.

For a daughter, I imagine she would name and raise the baby by herself if the baby’s father was [name_u]Logan[/name_u], since [name_u]Logan[/name_u] was engaged and seems like a parallel to [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] with [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f]. I would choose [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_f]Mia[/name_f] “Lola” with [name_f]Mia[/name_f] being after her mother / grandmother figure, and together the name means “my Lorelai” which seems appropriate for a child of a single mother but also one of many with the same name.

If she had a child with [name_u]Jess[/name_u] I would pick [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], I think [name_f]Jane[/name_f] would appeal to both of them (classic, literary, strong, feminine) and it would be an honor name for her best friend [name_u]Lane[/name_u]. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is her mother’s middle name. I would imagine [name_u]Jess[/name_u] would be less keen on naming the child [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] since not doing it is like a break from tradition.

2 Likes

This would be absolutely perfect! I love Lola as a nickname for their 3rd generation Lorelai.

1 Like