Girl #2

Ok almost 9m pregnant… thank you NB community for your previous help. We are pretty much down to 2 names (officially 3) and Id like to see what ppl think!

• Cecily Louise
  • Estelle Cordelia
0 voters

Feedback and thoughts welcome! Thanks :blush:

3 Likes

Voted for Cecily Louise. It flows really well, and I find Cecily to be a clever, pretty & winsome name.

Meanwhile, two of the women in my mothers’ group called their (most recent) daughters Estelle. It’s a prim, elegant and genteel name and gives Essie, Esti or Stelle. The downside for me - hearing it quite a lot - is that it’s very quiet, it almost gets swallowed when people (including the parents I know) say it. I wonder if Stella, Estella, Sybella, Sabella, Camille, Camilla, or Cecilia could be good last minute options - if you’re not quite sure of either and want the sprightly charm Cecily and the introverted glam of Estelle. But of the two, Cecily pips it for me!

No way?? 2?! Where do you live?

I prefer both [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], so I voted for [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. However, [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] has a lovely flow to it!:blush:

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is gorgeous and you never hear it!

@kathleen12345 Congratulations and good luck! Both of your choices are beautiful, and I think you should go with whichever name feels right to you. But here is my honest feedback. I voted for [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. I agree with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] that it flows really well. While [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is beautiful, it feels a little clunky when I say it aloud. I think that it lends itself more naturally to nicknames based on your daughter’s name, if you like nicknames, (i.e, [name_f]Esti[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], Stell, [name_f]Star[/name_f], [name_f]Cori[/name_f], Delia). For me though, [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is more unexpected. It’s both a strong and sweet name. I would go with that one, but I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

I hope this helps!

:butterfly::white_heart:

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is bright and spunky!

I love [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] but I honestly think paired with [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] it’s a little too clunky for my taste.

such a tough choice! I love [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] though!

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback!
I thought one would win by a landslide in the poll but they turned out pretty even in the end
I know how beloved [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is on NB, i actually initially thought its “popularity” was the name’s biggest downfall… imagine my shock when i realized it’s not even in the top 1000 :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Now we just wait for her to come!

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. [name_f]Adore[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], it’s my favourite name out of all four (Cordelia is my second favourite). [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] has a great rhythm, the one drawback is the flow of -ly going into [name_f]Lou[/name_f], but it’s not a dealbreaker for me as I don’t think it’s so difficult to say as to be tongue-twistery. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], nothing wrong with it at all just personal preference, it feels a little dated to me but I do love the starry meaning and associations, I just prefer other names with the same meaning and associations more eg [name_f]Stella[/name_f] - that said I personally wouldn’t want two -a ending names in a combo :woman_shrugging:. I’d love [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], but understand why you wouldn’t want two C names together or why it might feel too long / syllable heavy, perhaps even frilly. All of this said, [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is definitely the more ‘predictable’ combo, the juxtaposition of the streamlined [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] with the elaborate and traditional [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is more unexpected yet works brilliantly.

Tough call - personal preferences aside, both are great combos :slight_smile:

1 Like