Girl name for Pippa's sister.

I’m looking for a girl name to go with my daughter [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] Grae. We call her [name_f]Pippa[/name_f].

My husband loves the name [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], and I love the nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Vi[/name_f], but I hate the nn [name_f]Gen[/name_f] or [name_f]Ginny[/name_f]. Our close friends have already mentioned numerous times that they’d like to call her [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and that immediately turns me off of the name. I’m also hesitant to use it because I think it sounds quite exotic next to [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], and I’d like to have a very classic and sweet name next to [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] to make that name appear more classic and less outlandish. Neither my husband or I are fond of any other names that would lend to the nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f], such as [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] or [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. We love [name_f]Evie[/name_f], but I’m not sure if it’s good enough on it’s own.

Other names I like, and the hubby kind of approves of are:
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]

I’d like to use [name_f]Emma[/name_f] as a middle name if I can.

Any help is appreciated!!!

If u like nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Vi[/name_f], what about [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]?

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]

I’m not opposed to [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], but my husband is not a fan.

Based on your criteria, I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would work well. Another possibility for you is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f] sounds nice and there are lots of nickname options, though you wouldn’t need one. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] could also work.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is fantastic! I think you could just tell your close friends that you dislike [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and would rather them please use the nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f].

Also, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] immediately popped into my head! I know they would share an initial, but I think that’s so sweet as a sibset. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Posey[/name_f], or [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] are a bit matchy but so adorable!

With [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] and considering you like [name_f]Evie[/name_f], I’d suggest:

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - [name_f]Vivie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] -[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] - [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Florrie[/name_f], [name_f]Flossie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] - [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - [name_m]Ebbie[/name_m], [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_f]Bee[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]- [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - [name_f]Leni[/name_f], [name_u]Nori[/name_u], [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] - [name_f]Milly[/name_f], [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]

I’d probably stick with [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Evie[/name_f]’ though

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

Other suggestions:

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - maggie
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Doris[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Livia[/name_f] - [name_f]Livvy[/name_f]

From your list I would like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] with [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]/[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]! Some other names I like with [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]:

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] (as alternative to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] maybe?)
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]