Girl names that start with Ari

I am currently pregnant, but i don’t know what I’m having yet. I have my boy name picked out and ready to go, however I am struggling with a girl name. I was dead set on the name [name]Aria[/name]/[name]Ariana[/name], but until recent didn’t realize how popular it was becoming. I would like something that has a similar sound or spelling just less popular. So far I have come up with [name]Arissa[/name], [name]Arista[/name], [name]Aris[/name] ([name]Air[/name]-es) and [name]Ariel[/name]. What are your opinions on the names I found and if you don’t like them, then what would you suggest? (Also I have a daughter named Kamber if it helps with your opinion.)

[name]How[/name] about [name]Arielle[/name]? It’s the french form of [name]Ariel[/name]. I think [name]Arissa[/name] goes best with Kamber, though.

[name]Ariadne[/name] :smiley: Or [name]Arianell[/name] (too frilly for my taste, but I’m not a giant fan of [name]Arianna[/name]).

I really like [name]Arista[/name], a lot.

There’s also [name]Ariela[/name]/[name]Ariella[/name], Ariette, Arietty.

I think Kamber and [name]Arista[/name] is a great sibset.

[name]Arianwen[/name]? My favourites are [name]Ariella[/name] and [name]Arietta[/name].

[name]Ariel[/name] and [name]Aris[/name] are pretty. I love [name]Ariana[/name] but if it’s too popular in your area… I love the suggestion of [name]Ariadne[/name] but only if you pronounce it properly as air-ee-add-nee

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Arianwen[/name]
Aricia
[name]Arielle[/name] – ahr-ee-el
[name]Ariella[/name]
[name]Arietta[/name]
Arifa
Arilda
[name]Ariza[/name]

You can also get the nickname [name]Ari[/name] from these:

Akari
[name]Amari[/name]
Asavari
Ballari
[name]Jamari[/name]
[name]Lari[/name]
[name]Shari[/name]
Sunari

Or any name starting with AR:

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
Ardea
Ardita
[name]Ardith[/name]
[name]Arella[/name]
[name]Aretha[/name]
[name]Arlene[/name]
[name]Armina[/name]
Arnia
[name]Artemis[/name]
[name]Arwen[/name]

I was coming to suggest [name]Arianell[/name], but tk. beat me to it. It is a very lovely choice that offers all of the following nicknames: [name]Ari[/name], [name]Aria[/name], [name]Nell[/name], [name]Nellie[/name], and possibly [name]Annie[/name].

Good luck!

I was going to suggest [name]Arietta[/name] or [name]Arianne[/name], my two favorite “ari” names. I also love [name]Aria[/name] and my sisters name is [name]Arielle[/name] (pronounced Are-ee-elle) and we call her [name]Arie[/name]. She has always gotten lots of compliments on her name. Good luck!

I like [name]Arielle[/name] or [name]Ariella[/name] more than [name]Ariel[/name] for a girl. I think of [name]Ariel[/name] as a boy’s name.

(I also think [name]Ariella[/name] and [name]Arielle[/name] are less common than [name]Ariel[/name] in the States but I’m not sure)

[name]Araminta[/name] and [name]Artemesia[/name] might be too frilly for you but I’m fond of them.

Doesn’t quite count but I also really like [name]Aurora[/name].

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Aris[/name]! Sounds very fresh and sort of similar to the beautiful [name]Iris[/name]. [name]Aris[/name] gets my vote! Otherwise I like [name]Ariadne[/name], lots of history with that name which is always interesting.

Previous posters have mentioned [name]Ariadne[/name] and now I think they’re on to something. [name]Ariadne[/name] is cool, and the d sort of grounds it and gives it a bit of solidity [name]Ariana[/name] doesn’t have. It also makes it stand out from the liquid-sound [name]Ariana[/name]/[name]Eliana[/name]/[name]Liliana[/name] pack.

My favorite [name]Ari[/name]- name is [name]Ariane[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it. But if you’re willing to accept slightly differently spelled names that sound similar, I would recommend [name]Auria[/name] (which I just recently discovered and love), [name]Aura[/name], and (my favorite name of all time that I can’t use because it rhymes exactly with our last name): [name]Aurelia[/name] – so beautiful and definitely unique in today’s world.

I really like the idea of [name]Arista[/name]. My suggestion was going to be [name]Ardis[/name], which I think would definitely give you the nn [name]Ari[/name] even without all 3 letters being in that order. Good luck! =]