Girl's middle name incorporating "jay"

We would like to honor a very special person in our life whose name was jay. Although we love [name]Jada[/name], [name]Jade[/name], etc. we know they are wildly popular as are other -ade names…What are some ideas for a girl’s middle name incorporating this idea?

Unfortunately, [name]Jade[/name] is out because most of the first names we like are only one syllable so it sounds odd…

We are at a loss! Thanks:)

This is hard … how about :
[name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Jacquetta[/name]
Jacomina (Dutch, though, so probably actually pronounced Yacomina)
[name]Jaya[/name] (a Hindu goddess).
Alternatively, you could perhaps use a bird name, in reference to jay birds, blue jays etc.?
I am particularly fond of [name]Alouette[/name], which is French for ‘lark’.
Good luck!

[name]Jaya[/name]
Jayanti
[name]Jaydra[/name]
[name]Jayla[/name]
[name]Jayden[/name]

[name]Jaylen[/name]?

hmm…just wondering…do you have first names picked out? It might help figure out a middle if we have a first to consider. Also, what if you just use a name starting with the letter J? For a lot of documents all you need is a middle initial and J sounds just the same as [name]Jay[/name].
So, if her name is (just throwing names out there since I don’t know your style) [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] Lastname, a lot of times she’ll just be [name]Maeve[/name] J. Lastname. I hope that makes sense.

Or, what about actually using [name]Jay[/name]… just like [name]Fay[/name], [name]Kay[/name], [name]May[/name]…why not [name]Jay[/name]? I just looked it up on here and [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] seem to like it…Here’s what they said “One of the boys’ names newly appropriated for girls – either on its own, as a pet form of any J name, or as a singular middle name.”

here’s some ideas, though, for middles:

[name]Jane[/name] - sweet and classic and uses “jay”
[name]Jaime[/name] - uses “jay”
[name]Jameson[/name] - uses “jay”
[name]Janie[/name] - uses “jay”
[name]Jacey[/name] - uses “jay”, but sounds very ‘invented’
[name]Jaya[/name] - though not sure how its pronounced…

[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Jolie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Jemma[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]

Here’s some one syllable first names that I’ll put with some of the middles to give you a better idea :slight_smile: (plus its fun :slight_smile: )

[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] (tho with a B first name her initals are BJ…not really a good idea)
[name]Jade[/name] [name]Juliana[/name] (JJ might be a cute nn)
[name]Wren[/name] (the problem here is it ends with N and so does a lot of these J names and it sounds off) but I’ll go with [name]Wren[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Jaya[/name]
[name]Reese[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eve[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Faith[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]

I think [name]Jayne[/name] would be wonderful!

Oh! [name]How[/name] did I forget [name]Jane[/name]?!

love paige jaya! paige is actually a name we both like. i love reese too, although i hadnt thought of it. and the relative’s initials are j.r. so we could do reese for a first name and something with a j for a middle name…

I like the RJ idea! [name]Reese[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is fun and spunky!

jaylaine

As the mother of a beautiful daughter named [name]Jacquelyn[/name]. I feel that giving your daughter this name would be much nicer than the letter J or [name]Jay[/name] or one of the dated names of the 80’s eg [name]Jade[/name]. Although I really do like [name]Jade[/name] I think that those of that age group will not use it.

[name]Jacquelyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Margot[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name Jaycelyn ( pronounced [name]Jay[/name]-sa-lyn)

[name]How[/name] about [name]Jaye[/name]? My mother went by [name]Jaye[/name] as a first name.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Jaylen[/name] or [name]Jayda[/name]?

[name]Elisabeth[/name] Pani
[name]Baby[/name] Names Examiner