Girls wih skateboard !! What name ?

Hi all !!

Imagine that you have a daughter who loves skateboard , she is a bit tomboy , very cool & beautiful .

What you would name her ?

PS not a game . Iam just looking for inspirations :slight_smile:

[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m] or [name_m]Lenny[/name_m]…that’s my daughter who wants to skate like Papa!

I think anything can work, but some others I like:

[name_f]Claudie[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Marietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Thais[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

thanks @taz . you must have a very cool lil girl :slight_smile: ( love her name btw ) . Any girl who could skate is cool to me . I love [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] & [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] from your list .

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] - The biggest tomboy I ever knew was named [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. I absolutely love her name.
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_u]Skylar[/name_u]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_f]Briony[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Calista[/name_f] ([name_f]Callie[/name_f])
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]

thanks @violetgray :slight_smile: I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f],[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] & [name_u]Adair[/name_u] ( [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] ) .

I don’t know if these are at all your style, but here are some actual girls that I know or have heard of that are really good at skateboarding:

[name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Lizzy[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
Julz
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
Kirra
[name_f]Mimi[/name_f] (after [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] Knoop)
[name_f]Patti[/name_f], [name_f]Patricia[/name_f], or [name_f]Patria[/name_f] (after woman skateboarding pioneer [name_f]Patti[/name_f] [name_m]McGee[/name_m]
[name_f]Peggy[/name_f] (after [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] Oki on the [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] skateboard team)
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]

Names with ties to skateboarding:
[name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] with nn [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] (or just [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] by itself)
[name_f]Indy[/name_f]/[name_f]India[/name_f]/[name_u]Indiana[/name_u] ([name_f]Indy[/name_f] grab…)
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] (after pioneer skate team)

Names I like:
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] / [name_f]Mina[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] (gives me an ocean feel…which gives me a skate feel. Wave riding and skateboard riding are related)
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Oceana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] nn Vee
I feel like I could think of a ton more so I will come back when i do :slight_smile:

It feels dated for a kid born now, but every [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] i know is a beach bum/surfer/skateboarder combo. So [name_u]Alexis[/name_u].

I don’t think there’s really any “sporty” or “tomboyish” names, really. People make the name, not the other way round. I could name a kid [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] in the hopes that she’d grow up to be like all the other [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]'s i know…but if i wanted her to be tomboyish or sporty, my best bet is to teach her to skateboard when she’s young. Or to play sports or surf or whatever. And name her the name you like best, regardless of whether it sounds right for that type of girl. She’ll make it sound right by being herself.

Random story: my friend wanted her daughter to be a tomboy so she named her [name_m]Michael[/name_m]. Because she figured how could a girl named [name_m]Mike[/name_m] not be a tomboy, right? But her daughter is the girliest of all the girly girls and always has been. Kids will be who they will be, so i think your best bet is to pick the name that makes your heart sing, and just raise her how you want and it’ll work out?

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f], all the way.
I longboard, so I picture my kids skating, and I’m sure that it comes into play when I pick my favourite names!
I can also picture [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] being girly, smart, shy, outgoing, etc. which is important for me in a name!

I have always thought of [name_f]Fia[/name_f] as a tomboy name. It’s gorgeous but strong and just generally unfussy.

Thanks all of You :slight_smile:

@anna.bliss : [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] , [name_f]India[/name_f] & [name_f]Nina[/name_f] . Thanks You :slight_smile:
@ameliawilliams : [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and i totallY agree with You . everY girl will become who she wants to be . thanks :slight_smile:
@silverr : [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is good but not mY stYle . thanks :slight_smile:
@pistachio : thanks . I like [name_f]Fia[/name_f] .

[name_f]Paige[/name_f] or [name_u]Arie[/name_u] / [name_f]Irie[/name_f]

Thank you @aveline_bellefleur :slight_smile: [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is nms but I love [name_u]Arie[/name_u]/[name_f]Irie[/name_f].

A spunky, sassy, skateboarding girl would be:

[name_f]Andi[/name_f] ([name_f]Andromeda[/name_f])
[name_f]Cadi[/name_f] or [name_m]Leo[/name_m] ([name_f]Leocadia[/name_f])
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Cricket[/name_f]
[name_u]Dagny[/name_u]
[name_f]Demi[/name_f]
[name_f]Goldie[/name_f] ([name_f]Marigold[/name_f])
Greenley
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Indie[/name_f] ([name_f]Indigo[/name_f])
[name_f]Jilly[/name_f] ([name_f]Jillian[/name_f])
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] ([name_f]Sara[/name_f] or [name_f]Isadora[/name_f])
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
Sooz ([name_f]Susan[/name_f])
[name_u]Story[/name_u]
[name_u]Tab[/name_u] ([name_f]Tabitha[/name_f])
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_u]Tavi[/name_u] ([name_f]Octavia[/name_f])
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
Zippy ([name_f]Zipporah[/name_f])
[name_u]Zola[/name_u]

Yeah, mostly nicknames. Rockabilly names would probably work great!

My first and really only thought is [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] nn [name_f]Leni[/name_f]. It’s super feminine and sleek, but I feel like [name_f]Leni[/name_f] would be into any type of sports. Soccer, skating, football, basketball, baseball… especially soccer and skating, though. But that’s the beauty of [name_f]Eleni[/name_f]–I feel like [name_f]Leni[/name_f] could be a skateboarder, but [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] could be a ballerina. She could really be anyone.

That’s really all I’ve got, though, haha, sorry.

Thank you @redwoodfey :slight_smile: .I love [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]" [name_f]Andi[/name_f]" , [name_m]Leo[/name_m], Greenley, [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_f]Soleil[/name_f], [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f].
Thank you @ashthedreamer :slight_smile: I really like [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] nn [name_f]Leni[/name_f], I totally get the image you say.Although I slightly prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f].