Giselle..

What do you think of this name? I loved it for years until someone pointed out the “Jizz” factor.
I have been thinking about [name]Giselle[/name] lately again. I love how it is feminine yet not too frilly…plus the artistic reference to the Ballet…

has [name]Giselle[/name] been ruined? or is a good, solid name? honest opinions please… thanks (:

I’ve never thought of that with the name [name]Giselle[/name] ([name]Gisele[/name])! I don’t think it is an issue because the accent is on the second syllable, so you aren’t accenting “jizz” when you say [name]Giselle[/name] - it just flows off the tongue. Actually, I say the name more like “ja-SELL,” to be perfectly honest. Beautiful, feminine, unique, and sophisticated - good choice!

I have to admit that I don’t like [name]Giselle[/name] very much… but I think that this is because I know a [name]Giselle[/name] that I don’t like so I connect that name with that person…

[name]Love[/name] it!..a classic. Plus if people pronounce it correctly then there is no factor at all.

I really like it, but I would spell it [name]Gisele[/name].

I really like the name [name]Giselle[/name] - it is very classy, stylish and feminine.

hmm. interesting…I guess [name]Giselle[/name] is pronounced more in a french way in [name]Canada[/name]… I pronounce it “jizz-elle”…does that change your opinions at all?

I like the way the French pronounce it…so I still like the name.

Are you in [name]Canada[/name]? Is that the French pronunciation? I think it is still fine…

I actually looked up the pronunciation, and here is what I found:

1. jih-[name]ZELL[/name] [this is how I pronounce it]
    2)zhee-SELL [this is apparently the French pronunciation)

So, where do you fit in there?

Are you in [name]Canada[/name]? Is that the French pronunciation? I think it is still fine…

I actually looked up the pronunciation, and here is what I found:

1. jih-[name]ZELL[/name] [this is how I pronounce it]
    2)zhee-SELL [this is apparently the French pronunciation)

So, where do you fit in there?[/quote]
I would say Jih-[name]Zell[/name] is how I pronounce it… so I am starting to feel better about this name again …it was my absolute favorite for a long time… thank you !

I love the name! Have you thought of a mn to go with it?

[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] or [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Jenevieve[/name] comes to my mind…

I like it. I would spell it the French way, [name]Ghisele[/name].

But regardless, I say it the American way! Jih-[name]ZELL[/name]. Very pretty. I think most people would like it, it’s uncommon but not unheard of ([name]Gisele[/name] Bundchen).