Gloria...

Hello berries! I was wondering if I could get your opinion on my latest crush…[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]. I love it’s soft, sunshine-y feel, and of the course the meaning (glory). It sounds melodic to my ears, and gentle and fun. Okay. Enough gushing. My point is, what do you all think about it? Is it ‘dated’ or simply ‘vintage?’ [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a favorite combination with [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] (I’d love ideas)? Any opinions?

This is all I think about…

I find it dated, sorry. I much prefer Gloriella or Gloriana.

As soon as I see the name [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], I think of that song that cengel73 posted. It’s not a bad thing, the song’s quite good. Plus, [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] has that happy, suinshine vibe to it. :slight_smile:

I don’t mind [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], there’s nothing wrong with it, and I don’t think it’s too dated. I just don’t find it particularly interesting.

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]

Ooo, [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] might have to make an appearance on my list!

I have an almost two year old niece named [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]- she was born on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], coincidentally. We call her Glo a lot of the time, and I think it’s an unexpected but charming name. I think I’d classify it as more retro than vintage, but it’s nonetheless fantastic.

It was my grandma’s name and although I loved the idea of using her name for my future daughter, I just can’t imagine actually doing so!

Personally though, I think it will end up moving up in the ranks like so many other “old-lady” names.

Would you consider [name_f]Glory[/name_f]?