Going in for delivery tomorrow!! Between 2 boy names and need opinions!

See the results of this poll: Which would you choose?

Respondents: 70 (This poll is closed)

• Ryan (Burns) : 33 (47%)
  • Joseph nickname “Joey” (Burns): 37 (53%)

[name]Joseph[/name], its classic and I feel ages really well. Good luck, I bet you are excited to meet your little man!

I love the handsome and distinguished [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Burns[/name] and [name]Joey[/name] [name]Burns[/name] is so adorable that I find it irresistible to ignore! :slight_smile: Good luck tomorrow and let us know what you’ve decided by posting a Birth Announcement.

[name]Ryan[/name] is very handsome but does kind of come and go with the times - [name]Joseph[/name] is handsome and much more timeless (and [name]Joey[/name] is so cool and cute). I love the sound of [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] with your last name if that’s a FN-MN combo. And while I don’t think parents should cater to their kids’ wishes with naming siblings, it is nice that it would make your boy happy.

I love the name [name]Joseph[/name] but my husband doesn’t so it always makes me happy when someone else has a little [name]Joseph[/name] : D.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Thank you very much for your input on this! I’m so nervous going in without a “solid” choice and we are so 50/50 with both it’s hard!
The middle name is [name]Walter[/name] if that makes a difference so
[name]Ryan[/name] [name]Walter[/name] [name]Burns[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Walter[/name] [name]Burns[/name]
???

Oh those are both nice : D. I still like [name]Joseph[/name] more as a name but [name]Ryan[/name] is nice too.
Maybe when you meet him, he will look more like one than the other?
Good luck!

I love [name]Joseph[/name]! Not a fan of [name]Ryan[/name] at all. I agree with what others have said, also - [name]Joseph[/name] is classic and timeless, [name]Ryan[/name] not so much.

I voted [name]Joseph[/name], I just love it more than [name]Ryan[/name]. It seems it’s going to be a tie, so maybe take both and wait till you see your little guy before picking.

Wow all of you are so helpful! I want to THANK YOU very much for the help! Thanks to your very helpful comments here, you have me leaning to [name]Joseph[/name] at the moment :slight_smile: Please keep any thoughts coming in, I’m so nervous about pulling the “right” name tomorrow!! :confused:

[name]Both[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Ryan[/name] are wonderful, so you can’t go wrong either way. Go with the one that charms you the most when you see or hear the name. BTW, [name]Walter[/name] is an incredibly handsome middle name!

I much prefer [name]Joseph[/name], but I’m at an age where every other boy I grew up with was named [name]Ryan[/name]. Plus [name]Joey[/name] is so cute.

[name]Ryan[/name] is now a unisex name. I have seen it a few times on girls. I would use [name]Joseph[/name]!

[name]Joseph[/name]! [name]Joseph[/name] is timeless, whereas [name]Ryan[/name] feels a little worn out and dated.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], personally! [name]Ryan[/name] is nice, but very overdone in my area right now. [name]Joseph[/name]/[name]Joey[/name] is such a classic, and fits a man/boy at any stage of his life.

Good luck!

Another vote for [name]Joseph[/name].

I’m with [name]Joseph[/name] too. It’s a wonderful name (both are). But, I think it’s Extra Special because it would involve and [name]Delight[/name] your older son to be a part of the decision. We’ve had family members do this type of thing in the past. Where they let an older sibling decide on a middle name. Some ended up liking the pick so much they used it for the first instead. It really made a big difference in my opinion. The older sibling automatically had a connection and a sense of a kinship/bond that I don’t think would have been there otherwise. If my son was older than he currently is, I definitely would have let him be involved in the decision as much as possible this time around.

thanks again to all! I’m taking all of these suggestions seriously and will be going in very soon to meet our little man so keep the comments coming if you like one over the other. THANKS and hugs!

I have to jump on [name]Joseph[/name]'s side too. [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Joey[/name] and it is actually refreshing to hear in this sea of all the modern names out there today. [name]Ryan[/name] seems dated to me and the name of several of my girl friends. BTW, what is his brother’s name? I may have skipped over it. Good luck. At least you just have TWO. I always have a huge list…

Crimsoncat----it’s been a struggle to get down to 2 for sure, I’m with ya! :slight_smile: [name]Devin[/name] is my other son’s name. Thanks for the input!!!
Thompssn-----I really really appreciate the personal experience with letting an older sibling play into the idea of a name and how it worked for your family! If [name]Devin[/name] were a 3 year old I wouldn’t put weight into the suggestion that he would give, but with [name]Devin[/name] being 10 now, his opinion has a little more weight to me. (Plus he’s waited this long to get the little brother he’s always wanted and just loves the thought of little brother [name]Joseph[/name]) :slight_smile: I don’t know why boys names have been such an absolute STRESS for us but for this reason we REALLY appreciate the help that all of you are giving us as we go into the hospital now. THANK YOU ALL!!