what do y’all think of [name_f]Goldine[/name_f]?
I do not dislike it in theory—I get a 1920s showgirl vibe from this name!—but (nerd alert) it strongly reminds me of the Pokémon Goldeen.
That is unlikely to be a problem for most people, however!
I am partial to the similar [name_f]Goldia[/name]. ![]()
[name_f]Goldine[/name_f] is intriguing – a bit clunky like [name_f]Bernadine[/name_f] or [name_f]Gladys[/name_f], but with a touch of glam, like [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Ginger[/name_f] etc.
Very vintage charm to me, though it feels more like a stage name, I don’t hate it though ![]()
“Goldeen Goldeen, Goldeen Goldeen” from the nintendo 64 supersmash bro’s pokeball.
Sorry. I will never disassociate from it.
???
[name_f]Goldine[/name_f] is very sweet and retro sounding! [name_m]The[/name_m] optional nicknames [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] or [name_f]Dina[/name_f] help give it some zippy flair! It definitely gives Old [name_m]Hollywood[/name_m] (or [name_f]Golden[/name_f] Age vibes as another poster pointed out)
I want to love it since I really like [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] and I am fond of a lot of -ine names as well, but I’m unfortunately not connecting to it. I like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or just [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] better myself. I agree it has glamorous old [name_m]Hollywood[/name_m] vibes though!