Google ads cover the reply button on phone

There’s nothing more annoying to write a reply, then be unable to remove miniscule ad from reply button. I tried to remove ad, but only thing I got is mini message “ad removed by google” plastered all over the same area.

6 Likes

this happens to me all the time, if u refresh the page it should go away and your text won’t disappear. it’s really annoying but idk if it’s anything fixable.

1 Like

thanks, will try refreshing next time.

Oh my god, this is what prevents me from replying on my phone, because i use my laptop and I don’t always have my laptop out and about and I mainly because of this issue, just check messages on my phone

I don’t know if it’s something that could help you, but I started using the [name_u]Brave[/name_u] webbrowser (on my cell phone and computer, neither of which are [name_f]Apple[/name_f] products) and it has really helped. Nameberry was almost unusable for me because of the ads blocking the reply box and buttons. The [name_u]Brave[/name_u] browser has a built in ad-blocker and I haven’t had any issues in three or four months.

7 Likes

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], thanks, I’ll check it out (:

1 Like

This is the exact same thing that’s happening to me ! I don’t mind it though because I just use my laptop. Sorry I have no good advice

@GreenEyes375 I will check that out thank you :two_hearts:

1 Like

this happens to me all the time, so i just refresh the page. sometimes, ads cover my entire reply box, so i can’t see the text at all. most of the time, i only have a chance to use my phone, so the ads are really starting to bother me :\

@GreenEyes375 i’ll make sure to check that out! thank you (:

1 Like

@sorceress @MargotAbeline @lemon_swirlxx @GreenEyes375 @Emma_Elle111 @out.of.step

This happens to me a lot too, I understand how frustrating it is and we are trying hard to fix.

Could you please tell me which device and browser you’re experiencing this issue on. And (if you’re comfortable), which country or area you are posting from. We want to know if this is a worldwide problem or limited to certain locations.

3 Likes

Of course thank you so much for trying to fix it !! Would you mind if i pm you with the information.

1 Like

Android phone, google chrome brower, I’m from Croatia

1 Like

I do want to clarify for me it was most websites the ads were an issue covering/blocking things, Nameberry is just the only place I regularly type things in/post things/scroll around for leisure. It never bothered me enough to complain about it (I have issues everywhere, not just on Nameberry so I know there’s not a lot that could really be done about it), but having found something that works really well I wanted to share to see if it could help others.

I used Google Chrome as my standard webbrowser and I’m located in the [name_u]Southern[/name_u] US :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s fine, I’m just glad when people find something that works. Thanks for sharing this info.

1 Like

of course, thank you x

i use an iphone, google browser and i’m in england :))

2 Likes

i use safari, an iphone, and i’m in the US

1 Like

I’ve pretty much stopped using nb on my phone over a year ago because of this. I don’t even remember if there had ever been a time when this wasn’t an issue. I have samsung galaxy (don’t remember which number, maybe 6?) phone, use chrome, and am in southern US

1 Like

I am in the USA, I use a MacBook. Not only do I have the specific problem above, I also have to force reload pages all the time bc it will not allow me to click on ANYTHING (not even to close the ads) on the NB forum. Literally it just freezes. Happens about every 4-5 minutes. Very frustrating. Thank you so much for taking the time to inquire and look into this.

1 Like