Got My Girls Names to Three Need to Get it Down to Two

I love Irish names. My Dad is from [name]Ireland[/name] and I love my.heritage. I need a girl name that.goes well.with.our sons name. [name]Liam[/name]

[name]Mara[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Moira[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]

Thanks

My favorite is [name]Fiona[/name]!

I like all three names, but if I had to eliminate one, I would take [name]Moira[/name] off the list. It’s a nice name, but I think it would have more spelling and pronunciation issues than the other two.

I like them in this order:

1. [name]Mara[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
  2. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
  3. [name]Moira[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]

[name]Mara[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] are both names that have been on my list. I love the sound of both, and they both sound great with [name]Liam[/name]. Generally I’d choose [name]Fiona[/name] over [name]Mara[/name], but I love the flow of [name]Mara[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name].

[name]Mara[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]!

[name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Mara[/name] are both nice names - I like [name]Moira[/name] too but agree the spelling and prn might be harder. I believe none of these are actually Irish in origin though. [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] are Scottish, and [name]Mara[/name] is Hebrew. They could all be used in [name]Ireland[/name], there’s certainly been some cultural cross-over, and certainly [name]Fiona[/name] evokes an Irish feeling - maybe it’s the [name]Burn[/name] Notice character? But I would keep looking if “true” Irishness is important to you They all sound nice with [name]Liam[/name] to me.

[name]Fiona[/name]'s my favorite!

[name]Moira[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] would be my picks, only because when I hear [name]Mara[/name] I think " bitter" it’s a pretty name though. I’ve always liked [name]Fiona[/name] though. It sounds the nicest with your middle names.

I love [name]Mara[/name]. ^^
I don’t like the combination of [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] in the middle, it’s very abrupt.
[name]Mara[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Anna[/name] would be better [name]IMO[/name].

I also like [name]Mara[/name] best with [name]Liam[/name]. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Liam[/name]!

Moira sounds the most Irish to me and I like this name best with Liam. I consider Fiona to be more Scottish (this name was first used by Scottish poet James Macpherson in his poem ‘Fingal’ in 1762) and Mara is Hebrew. Have you considered Meara, Maire or Maura?

I’ve always had a soft spot in heart for [name]Moira[/name] ever since I watched “Hook” as a child. lol [name]Moira[/name] is by far my favorite.

I like all of them but with [name]Liam[/name] I would choose [name]Moira[/name] or [name]Fiona[/name] instead of [name]Mara[/name]. I don’t know about using [name]Anne[/name] as a middle name because to me the first name runs into the second, but it still sounds nice.

They are all Irish. [name]Mara[/name] is irish for sea. [name]Moira[/name] is their version of [name]Mary[/name] and yes [name]Fiona[/name] is more Scottish but is Irish. Alot of Irish.names are saints names, and most of my huge family has taken them. As for [name]Anne[/name] its my grandmothers name who recently passed. [name]Quinn[/name] would be her last name

I really like [name]Mara[/name]! The others are nice, too, but [name]Mara[/name] stands out.

1. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]-[name]Love[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]!
  2. [name]Moira[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]-Gorgeous name, spelling could be a problem
  3. [name]Mara[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]-Never liked [name]Mara[/name]…seems a bit plain to me…

Good luck! :slight_smile: