Gothic romantic male names.

Hello all,

Iam looking for artistic, gothc romantic male names.

Dont be afraid to go over the top.

Thank you.

*Not pregnant. just collected.

Draculaaaa

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this kind of name.

[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_m]Achilles[/name_m]
[name_m]Aeneas[/name_m]
[name_m]Alpheus[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
Amraphel
[name_m]Aramis[/name_m]
Archelaus
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Battista[/name_m]
[name_m]Bonaventure[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
Calidore
[name_m]Caradoc[/name_m]
Cassander
Casworon
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
D’Artagnan
Devereux
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
Galahad
[name_m]Godfrey[/name_m]
Godric
[name_m]Hamlet[/name_m]
[name_m]Hercules[/name_m]
[name_m]Isidore[/name_m]
[name_m]Lancelot[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
Mercutio
Meriadoc
[name_m]Merlin[/name_m]
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]
[name_m]Romeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Romulus[/name_m]
[name_m]Serafino[/name_m]
[name_m]Sirius[/name_m]
Trevelyan

The Gothic [name_f]Victoriana[/name_f] list from British [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names is fab.

@proudmommy: Well, Draculla would be an awesome middle name for my kitty [name_u]Maurice[/name_u]. Thank you.
@morganalefaye: Thank you so much for this amazing list. :slight_smile: I have added to my list: [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], [name_m]Lucien[/name_m], [name_m]Lancelot[/name_m], [name_m]Isidore[/name_m], [name_m]Deveraux[/name_m] & [name_m]Raphael[/name_m].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any informations about Casworon or Amraphel? And thanks for the list. I will look it now.

No problem, glad you liked so many :slight_smile: Casworon and Amraphel are two of my favourites, actually.

Casworon is a Cornish name probably meaning “battle hero” from the Celtic elements cad “battle”, and kawaro “hero” (thanks again to British [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names).

Amraphel was a king of Shinar in the Old Testament, sometimes identified with [name_m]Nimrod[/name_m]. I love the connection because [name_m]Elgar[/name_m]'s [name_m]Nimrod[/name_m] is one of the most beautiful, evocative pieces of music but the name [name_m]Nimrod[/name_m] itself isn’t the most useable. According to BtN it means “one that speaks of dark things” or “he whose words are dark” from the Hebrew amár “to say”, and aphel “dark, obscure”.

Thank you so much for the help again! Another two that are added to the list now. :slight_smile: And I look on the list on British [name_u]Baby[/name_u] names & if you can tell from my signature, I love it. :slight_smile:

If any of you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
[name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_m]Jett[/name_m]
[name_m]Damien[/name_m]
[name_u]Gray[/name_u]
Morrow
[name_m]Dante[/name_m]
Gotham
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
Foxglove
[name_m]Malik[/name_m]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]

I think [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] fits the bill, and the association with author [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] Bierce (who wrote ghost stories, among other genres, in the late 1800’s) certainly doesn’t hurt!

@riverlyric: Thanks! :slight_smile: I really love your list, especially [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], [name_m]Damien[/name_m], [name_u]Gray[/name_u] & [name_u]Raven[/name_u].
@lowslash: I want to like [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] since I agree with you that it fits the bill but for some reason the bro part bothers. Thanks for the suggestion though. :slight_smile:

I love intricate, over the top gothic/romantic names, especially for boys ^^ Many of the following have been somewhere in the vicinity of, if not part of, my top 20:

[name_m]Aneurin[/name_m]
[name_m]Alasdair[/name_m]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]
Amadou
Alvarin
Annachie
Berengar
Bedivere
Bensiabel
Briaros
Clarendon
[name_m]Corentin[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosimo[/name_m]
Domitian
Devran
Elouan
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
Evremond
Faraday/Faramond
[name_m]Florentin[/name_m]
[name_m]Foy[/name_m]
[name_u]Galen[/name_u]
[name_m]Gawain[/name_m]
[name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Herne[/name_m]
[name_m]Ishmael[/name_m]
Idkandar
[name_m]Idris[/name_m]
[name_m]Jovian[/name_m]
Jolivet
[name_m]Justinian[/name_m]
[name_m]Keir[/name_m]
[name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m]
[name_u]Lior[/name_u]
Lorien
Loxias
[name_m]Morpheus[/name_m]
Myrddin
Naomhán
Neifion
Nuallán
[name_m]Oliviero[/name_m]
[name_m]Osiris[/name_m]
Pelerin
[name_m]Philo[/name_m]
Pryderi
[name_m]Quillan[/name_m]
Quintian
Rhydian
[name_m]Rosendo[/name_m]
[name_m]Severin[/name_m]
Shadrach
Somerled
[name_m]Sulien[/name_m]
[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]
[name_m]Toivo[/name_m]
Trahearne
Viator
[name_u]Valo[/name_u]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Willem[/name_m]
Wolfram
Zosimo

Thank you so much @dearest for this amazing list! I especially love [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m], Bensiabel (so gorgeous & I love the story but I really dislike the [name_m]Ben[/name_m] nickname), [name_m]Corentin[/name_m], Domitrian (Gorgeous!), Lorien, [name_m]Morpheus[/name_m], [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] & Wolfram. :slight_smile:

I’m glad you like it!
Bensiabel is a gem :slight_smile:
My brother is named a Norwegian form of [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], so while I never really liked [name_m]Ben[/name_m] either, it’s grown on me because of him…
I’m assuming you’ve researched rare names enough to have heard most of everything before?
I find myself in the same position, there’s seldom a name mentioned on Nameberry that I haven’t heard before :stuck_out_tongue:
My obsession with all the obscure and special names led my collections to house over 6000 names that I feel the need to write down so I don’t forget they exist… XD

Exactly @dearest!

I have read & search nearly every single list under the name ‘gothic/dark names or rare’ so I amnt very surprised with new names often. But still a few names that were mention here were new to me. And I agree, Bensiabel is a gem. Now I need to think of a nickname for it, besides [name_m]Ben[/name_m] or [name_f]Bel[/name_f].

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any information about Domitrian?

If you don’t like [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] because of “bro” but like the rest you could consider the alternative [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] which is the Welsh version of [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

Oh, I really like [name_m]Emrys[/name_m]. It sounds very interesting. Thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

I thought of [name_f]Sia[/name_f] for Bensiabel, but it’s no less feminine. Would [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] (Enso) be out of the blue?

I think I wrote Domitian, without the -r-? I’m not sure Domitrian is a name, but Domitian is on behindthename.com –> link
There’s Demetrian or Dimitrien, a masculine form of [name_u]Demeter[/name_u] if you want sort of the same as Domitrian.

Great, I fell in love with a name that doesnt exist lol. This is what I get when I dont wear my glasses. [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] is quite cool but I dont think is for me. I cant think of any other nickname right now.
Dimitrien is actually quite gorgeous. Does Dimitrian exists?

*Thanks again for the help :slight_smile:

No results for Dimitrian, except babycenter.com, but that’s not a reliable source in my opinion.
Demetrian is a saints name, Dimitrien seems to be a [name_m]French[/name_m] variant.
Here’s a link to catholic online’s listing for St. Demetrian –> link

I always wear my glasses :wink:

Thanks for the informations! Haha now Iam wear them. :slight_smile: