Grace Anne Andersen - too much repetition?

Considering the double name “Grace Anne” with last name [name_u]Andersen[/name_u]. Ok shoot it too me straight; is the “Anne-Andersen” repetition too strong? If the girl hated it she could always drop the “Anne” in adulthood I suppose. Am I right that the repetition is lessened a bit versus, say, [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Andersen[/name_u] alone and without the [name_f]Grace[/name_f]?

It’s the same amount of too much for me as it would be without the first name, I’m afraid.

14 Likes

It’s not terrible, but there’s also the fact that [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_u]Anne[/name_u] share the same meaning. If [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is an honour name, perhaps [name_f]Grace[/name_f] could be used in place? _ [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u]?

7 Likes

With [name_f]Grace[/name_f], it feels like too much. [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Andersen[/name_u] is a strong repetition, but I sort of love it! As a double name with [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and [name_u]Andersen[/name_u], I think it’s just too many things going on.

2 Likes

[name_u]Anne[/name_u] means [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Better hope this kid is freaking graceful.

3 Likes

Too much for me Im afraid, for all the reasons already listed.

1 Like

Hmmm… it’s a lot, but not too much. In fact, I kinda like it. I’ve known worse/more repetitive names. (I also couldn’t care less about the meanings of the names, but that’s just me).

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it personally, but I think it’s fine. Her name won’t be said all together that often.

Meanings aside, as I think they’re not as important outside of NB as people make out, it’s still a bit too much. If [name_u]Anne[/name_u] was the middle name, then I’d see no issue though.

2 Likes

If you’re using [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] as a dibble name then it’s too much, if [name_u]Anne[/name_u] would be a non-used middle name then it’s fine.

2 Likes

Would you consider a longer form of [name_u]Anne[/name_u], like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Anika[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f]? I feel like they break up the sounds a bit

8 Likes

I agree with @Greyblue about using a longer version of [name_u]Anne[/name_u] (or a name containing the sound Ann) to improve the flow.

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Antoinette[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Annette[/name_f]

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Leanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Arianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Julianne[/name_u]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Maryanne[/name_f]

2 Likes

I find [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Andersen[/name_u] almost/just as repetitive as [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Andersen[/name_u] alone – plus [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] as a double name to me sounds very close to [name_u]Grayson[/name_u].

Could something like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] work instead? I think breaking up the two “An” sounds helps a lot.

3 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] to [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u]. I agree that [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] works if the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is a middle name that is rarely used. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] totally works!

I think it is too much repetition. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] is cute though! The [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] is too much “an” sound for me.

[name_f]My[/name_f] middle name is [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and I went by it a lot in childhood. I am not a fan of the name. I feel like [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] is too much and if you are questioning it then I would not use it. I love [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] and there are so many beautiful names out their to choose from to compliment [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

Many thanks for all the quick feedback. You’ve definitely given my husband and I discussion material!

Grace Eleanor
Grace Frances
Grace Wesley
Grace Vivienne

Above also in the running with all middle names being honor or family names. We love the reverse of a couple of them (Eleanor Grace, Vivienne Grace) but really do want Grace as first.

5 Likes

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] :two_hearts::two_hearts: Such a lovely name!! All work though.

2 Likes

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] work beautifully!

1 Like

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] Vivienne!!

1 Like