Grayson for a girl??? Variations?

I really like this name, but hear it mostly for boys…

So what’re some variations to make it girlier?

And can [name]Gray[/name] hold for itself for a girl or too boyish still?

Honestly, I really, really don’t like it. It’s horribly trendy for boys, and part of the awful surname-as-first-name trend. It’s also extremely masculine. Here are some perfectly legitimate variations/similar names:

[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Graciela[/name]
[name]Gracia[/name]
Gracilia
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Gisela[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Gretchen[/name]
[name]Alison[/name]
[name]Raisa[/name]

I named my son [name]Greyson[/name], but I would have used the same name if he had been a girl…just changed the spelling a bit…the “son” ending suggest boy, so I would change the ending to sound the same but look different. [name]Hope[/name] that helps.

Gracin
Gracinne
Greysenne
Graysin
Graysen

I’m not a fan of [name]Grayson[/name] for a girl. It seems like a trendy boys name to me.

[name]Gray[/name] isn’t a name I love either, if you want to name your child a colour, that’s fine but why not choose a bright happy colour like [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Indigo[/name] or [name]Green[/name] even but grey is such a dull depressing colour.

My advice is the classic beautiful [name]Grace[/name]. You can’t go wrong with that.

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

If you like [name]Grayson[/name] for a girl, go for it. I think it sounds quite soft and with the right middle name could be quite feminine. She could always use the nn [name]Grace[/name] with it if you fancy that name.
I also like the suggestion [name]Gretchen[/name] which has a similar albeit harder sound with the T in the middle.

I think [name]Gray[/name] is such a cute nn for a girl, i love the suggestion of [name]Grace[/name] as first name- classic and pretty.
[name]Gracelyn[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
Graya
Graia
[name]Grayling[/name]

If you like ‘[name]Gray[/name]’ then how about ‘[name]Drea[/name]’? (said like ‘dray’). I knew a very cool [name]Andrea[/name] who went nn [name]Drea[/name] (I think that was how she spelled it in short form, although I can see now how it doesn’t really make sense when the same letters are pronounced [name]DREE[/name]-a or DRAY-a in [name]Andrea[/name]).

I’m not a fan of [name]Grayson[/name] for a girl, but love [name]Grace[/name]. Good luck!

My co-worker has a daughter named Graceyn, which is a more femenine version, but if it were me I would keep [name]Grayson[/name] for a boy at a later date!

Another girl’s version could be Gracen (nn [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Gracie[/name]). I happen to love this name for either sex…especially boys and I have like it for at least 20 years.

I think it is a pretty name. If I was going to name my daughter that I would probably alter the spelling to look a little more feminine…I like [name]Gray[/name] too

My friend’s sister is expecting twins.
The boy is [name]Ethan[/name] and the girl is Gracyn.

Well I love the sound…and I wanted it to be switched to be more fem. and needed tips…[name]Grace[/name] is nice but too popular for me. Also gray isn’t dull for me…one of my fav. appealing colors. Whomever mentioned [name]Indigo[/name]…props I do like this with nn of [name]Indi[/name]

[name]Grace[/name] is the name you are looking for. [name]Grayson[/name] is drab, dull, trindy, awful etc.

I agree that for a girl the spelling would be better as Gracin, or Gracen. That way it is more natural to shorten it to [name]Grace[/name] instead of [name]Gray[/name]. I agree that [name]Gray[/name] would not be an attractive NN for a boy or a girl…too depressing.

There are so many nice girls names! dont steal a boys name pls!!

I’ve always liked [name]Indigo[/name]. It seems like such a smart, creative, self-confident name. It’s fun to say too.

I’m not overly fond of [name]Grayson[/name] for either a boy or girl. What about [name]Gracie[/name] instead of just [name]Grace[/name]? It’s two syllables like [name]Grayson[/name] but girlish. I’m not sure how many of the little Graces are being called [name]Gracie[/name] though. Maybe it’s more common than I think.

I love the name indigo w or w out nn indie.

Oh, I love, love [name]Indigo[/name]. I dislike [name]Grayson[/name]. To me, there is no choice. Or the choice is clear: [name]Indigo[/name]! (Also love, love [name]Indie[/name]!!)
There’s also:
[name]Calico[/name] (nn [name]Cali[/name])
[name]India[/name] (nn [name]Indie[/name])
[name]Mauve[/name] (soft color name)
[name]Misty[/name] (sort of gives a ‘grey-colored’ image)
[name]Verdi/name – means ‘green’
[name]Sorrel[/name] – just seems like one you might like

[name]Hi[/name] there,
Personally, I am not a huge fan of [name]Grayson[/name] for a girl (sorry!)- to make it a bit more feminine, while still keeping the “[name]Gray[/name]” part, I have heard of a couple of babies named “Grayla” (almost like [name]Layla[/name] or [name]Cayla[/name] but with a twist). I’ve also seen Graylee, which is a bit more girly as well. Good luck!