Grayson/Greyson

I’m pretty sure we’re going with [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Davis[/name] for our last little one due in two weeks. Now I just need to finalize the spelling. With the full name, I like it best as [name]Grayson[/name] with the “a”. But when I see the short version, I am really drawn to [name]Grey[/name], with an “e.”

I asked my mom and she pointed out something interesting, that [name]Grey[/name] may be mistaken for [name]Greg[/name] when it’s handwritten. Also, I think if you just said [name]Grayson[/name], most people would spell it with an “a” by default, don’t you? I don’t want him to have to correct everyone constantly so I’d rather pick the more conventional spelling, which I believe is [name]Grayson[/name].

So for those reasons, I’m leaning toward the [name]Grayson[/name] spelling, just wanted to check in with you Berries to see if you had any other considerations for me that I hadn’t thought of.

[name]TIA[/name]!
[name]Christine[/name], mom of 3 + 1 more any day!

I have always automatically written [name]Greyson[/name] whenever someone says the name. However, I realize I could just be weird.

Congratulations! I absolutely love [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Davis[/name]–what a handsome choice! [name]Grayson[/name]'s on my own top 5. :slight_smile:

As far as spellings… I, too, am undecided. Part of my reasoning for [name]Grayson[/name] is because my grandmother’s mn is [name]Grace[/name], so I like that [name]Grayson[/name] shares more letters with her, but I’m guessing that’s irrelevant to you, haha. I’ve heard that [name]Grayson[/name] is the traditional spelling in [name]America[/name] while [name]Greyson[/name] is in the UK. I don’t know whether that’s true or not but I’ve heard Americans say they prefer [name]Grayson[/name] because it looks familiar to the word “gray” that they know, and some say they like [name]Greyson[/name] because it looks less like the color “gray”. It seems like most from the UK prefer [name]Greyson[/name], though, because they spell “gray/grey” as “grey”. I don’t know if that’s true, haha, but that’s what I’ve heard. I do agree that [name]Grayson[/name] would probably be spelled right more often, though–I believe it’s currently the more popular spelling in the US. That is, providing you live in the US, haha.

I do prefer [name]Grayson[/name] nn [name]Gray[/name] personally but I do respect [name]Greyson[/name]/[name]Grey[/name]… I think you could, technically, do [name]Grayson[/name] nn [name]Grey[/name], if you wanted…

Good luck!

I prefer [name]Grayson[/name] myself. To me, this spelling just looks more authentic and visually pleasing. Greyson is a variant so I prefer the original surname spelling which means “son of the steward”.

I only know one [name]Greyson[/name] and he spells it [name]Greyson[/name]. If I had just heard the name, I would spell it [name]Greyson[/name] just because I feel like “[name]Grey[/name]” is for a name, while “[name]Gray[/name]” is a color. I also think [name]Grayson[/name] seem’s much more feminine than [name]Greyson[/name]. That being said, I love the name as a whole and go with what you like best :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Greyson[/name] and automatically spell it that way. i’ve only known people with [name]Grey[/name]/[name]Greyson[/name] as last names, but both of them spelled it with the E.

I just think it looks better too :slight_smile:

I love the [name]Greyson[/name] spelling and to me [name]Grayson[/name] just looks incorrect for some reason. I don’t think [name]Grey[/name] would get mistaken for [name]Greg[/name]. I don’t know many Gregs and that is certainly not that common for babies so I don’t see it being a real issue.

My maiden name is [name]Gray[/name], and so I strongly prefer it over [name]Grey[/name]. I love [name]Grayson[/name] and would use it for a little one - but my married last name ends in -son.
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Davis[/name] is fantastic!

I would spell it [name]Grayson[/name] automatically. I really like how it looks with an e, I just write a though without thinking. I’m in the US so maybe that’s why.

I have [name]Grayson[/name] on my top 5 as well, and I spell it just that way. I am married to a [name]Greg[/name] so the [name]Grey[/name] spelling would be out for me. Great name mama!! I wish you a safe and fast delivery and a healthy baby [name]Grayson[/name]! (Or [name]Greyson[/name] whichever you go with) <3