Great songs featuring boys names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

We named our first kid [name_u]Cary[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], after 2 great songs - “[name_u]Carey[/name_u]” by [name_f]Joni[/name_f] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m], and The Beatles’ “Hey [name_u]Jude[/name_u]”

We sang him both songs in utero and still sing them to him all the time. He loves it. We love it.

Now my partner is pregnant again … we’d love for kiddo #2 to have a great song or 2 of their own … but we can’t think of a single other great song featuring a boy/man’s name!

Any insights?

[name_f]TIA[/name_f]

What about - and I am probably really showing my age with these!:

[name_m]Ben[/name_m] ([name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m])
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] ([name_m]Elton[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m])
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] ([name_f]Dionne[/name_f] Warwick) … though you may also want to check out [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] by [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] before deciding, lol.
[name_m]Johnny[/name_m] B Goode ([name_m]Chuck[/name_m] [name_u]Berry[/name_u])
[name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]Nick[/name_u] ([name_m]Beach[/name_m] Boys) … is he due around [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] time?
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]'s [name_m]Army[/name_m] ([name_m]Elvis[/name_m] [name_m]Costello[/name_m])
[name_m]Johnny[/name_m] [name_f]Remember[/name_f] Me ([name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Leyton[/name_m])

There is also Beautiful Boy ([name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]) written for his son [name_m]Sean[/name_m] - this is just a lovely song.

Good luck to you both & may [name_u]Carey[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] have much fun with his little brother.

Here’s a little list!

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] ([name_u]Ray[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]’ Hit the Road [name_m]Jack[/name_m] - YouTube )
[name_u]Joey[/name_u] (Sugarland’s [name_u]Joey[/name_u] Sugarland - Joey - YouTube )
[name_m]Martin[/name_m] ([name_m]Zac[/name_m] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] Band’s [name_m]Martin[/name_m] - YouTube )
[name_m]Ned[/name_m]/[name_u]Kelly[/name_u] ([name_m]Johnny[/name_m] [name_m]Cash[/name_m]'s [name_m]Ned[/name_m] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] Johnny Cash - Ned Kelly - YouTube )
[name_m]Pete[/name_m]/[name_m]Peter[/name_m] ([name_m]Bruce[/name_m] Springsteen’s Outlaw [name_m]Pete[/name_m] Bruce Springsteen - Outlaw Pete (High Quality) - YouTube )
[name_u]Roy[/name_u]/[name_m]Roger[/name_m] ([name_m]Elton[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]'s [name_u]Roy[/name_u] [name_m]Rogers[/name_m] Elton John - Roy Rogers (Yellow Brick Road 15 of 21) - YouTube )
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]/[name_u]Bennie[/name_u] ([name_m]Elton[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]'s [name_u]Bennie[/name_u] and the Jets Elton John - Bennie and the Jets - YouTube )
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]/[name_m]Louie[/name_m] (The Kingsman’s [name_m]Louie[/name_m] [name_m]Louie[/name_m] - YouTube

That’s such a sweet story! :slight_smile: I hope this helps!

It might not be your thing, but I love Norwegian musician [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] Dybdahl’s ‘[name_m]Henry[/name_m]’. That song is soo sweet, I’m sure you can find it on youtube or something.

Others from my music library:
[name_f]Regina[/name_f] Spektor ‘[name_m]Samson[/name_m]’ (this is about [name_m]Samson[/name_m] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] though, but it’s very singable and sweet)
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Apple[/name_f] ‘[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]’ ([name_f]Christine[/name_f] and the Queens also has one, but it’s mostly in [name_m]French[/name_m])
[name_m]Bat[/name_m] for Lashes ‘[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]’ (maybe also use [name_m]Elton[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]'s ‘[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]’)
[name_m]Ben[/name_m] [name_u]Howard[/name_u] ‘[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]’ (I can’t remember if he sings the name or if it’s just the title?)
[name_m]Fleet[/name_m] Foxes ‘[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]’
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] Obel ‘[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]’ (she sings [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] so wonderfully, one of my favourite songs of all time!)

I think all my usual suggestions have been offered up! However, since I grew up on the Beatles and [name_f]Joni[/name_f], I CAN offer some more suggestions from them!

[name_f]Joni[/name_f]:
[name_m]Harry[/name_m] (any longer name like [name_m]Harris[/name_m] or [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] could work, too)
[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u] (I especially love this idea, but I know it’s too hippie for a lot of people)

The Beatles:
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m] (ie [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] and [name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m], Ob-La-[name_f]Di[/name_f], Ob-La-Da)
[name_m]Field[/name_m] or Fields (I grew up with a kid named Fields and weirdly, I always liked it)
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] / [name_u]Max[/name_u] is a great name, albeit probably NOT the best association in this case :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_m]Rigby[/name_m]
[name_m]Rocky[/name_m]
[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]

I’ve always loved the name [name_m]Levon[/name_m], from the [name_m]Elton[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] song
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] - “[name_m]Jack[/name_m] & [name_f]Diane[/name_f]” by [name_m]John[/name_m] Mellencamp
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] - “[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] and [name_m]Son[/name_m]” by [name_f]Cat[/name_f] Stevens
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m] - “Movin’ Out ([name_m]Anthony[/name_m]'s Song)” by [name_u]Billy[/name_u] [name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u] - “Sweet [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]” by [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] ([name_f]Carly[/name_f] [name_m]Simon[/name_m])