Greta, Hugo, and ?

So I recently had twins name [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]. I’m as happy as can be, and I won’t be having anymore kids for awhile, but I have to admit I’ve already thought about future names lol! The problem is though, I can’t think of anything that goes as well with [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] as [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] go with each other! The closest I’ve though of is [name]Heidi[/name], [name]Ida[/name], or [name]Leo[/name], but they all have issues. [name]Heidi[/name] is another H, [name]Ida[/name] ends with another a, and [name]Leo[/name] with another o, but I like that they’re all two-syllable [name]German[/name]-ish names, but I figure I’ll have to expand my horizon lol. [name]Do[/name] you guys have any ideas for me down the line?

[name]Greta[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] and such beautiful names! And they make a perfect twin-set! You clearly have wonderful taste:)

Some ideas for the future:
[name]Johan[/name]
[name]Kellen[/name]
[name]Leonard[/name]
[name]Anton[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Gilbert[/name]
[name]Justus[/name]
[name]Ansel[/name]
[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Ryker[/name]

[name]Kristen[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Leni[/name]
[name]Lisbeth[/name]
[name]Meike[/name]
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Therese[/name]

Sorry the girls list ended up kinda short, it was hard finding two syllable [name]German[/name] names that didn’t end with ‘a’.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Greta[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] are so great together! I love [name]Ida[/name], but I do think the “da” ending is a bit close to the ending of [name]Greta[/name]. I think [name]Heidi[/name] would work well, even though it starts with an H, though I’m not personally bothered by repeating letters in sibsets, though I understand why people avoid it. And I would avoid other “o” ending names as well, so [name]Leo[/name] would sadly be out for me as well. I do like the suggestions of [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Ansel[/name] and think they would both fit seamlessly into your set. They’re strong, [name]German[/name], two syllables and avoid any repeating letters/endings. Other names that fit the bill (some are [name]German[/name], but not all):

[name]Anton[/name]
[name]Arnold[/name]
[name]Albert[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Franz[/name]
[name]Johan[/name]
[name]Leon[/name] (perfect substitute for [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Oscar[/name]/[name]Oskar[/name]
[name]Oswald[/name]
[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]

[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Karsten[/name]
[name]Leni[/name]
[name]Liesel[/name]
Marlis
[name]Sabine[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

What about [name]Peter[/name]? (Or, you could use the [name]German[/name] spelling [name]Pieter[/name].) It’s such a classic, strong name, and it reminds me of [name]Peter[/name] from [name]Heidi[/name].

I really like [name]Adele[/name], [name]Romy[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], and [name]Walter[/name] with them.

Also, [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] are wonderful on their own, but they make and amazing twin pair. Nice choice!

[name]Greta[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], and …

[name]Adele[/name] - [name]German[/name], “noble”
[name]Alice[/name] - [name]German[/name], “noble”
[name]Liesel[/name] - [name]German[/name], “pledged to God”

[name]Adele[/name] was my first thought, and I love it with [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]!

[name]Johan[/name] - [name]German[/name], “God is gracious”
[name]Louis[/name] - [name]German[/name], “renowned warrior”
[name]Stefan[/name] - [name]German[/name], “crown”

My favorite is probably [name]Louis[/name], and [name]Louie[/name] is such a cute nickname. [name]Greta[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Louis[/name], and [name]Adele[/name] would be stunning. I have to admit that my first thought for you was [name]Felix[/name], though, which is Latin in origin…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Greta[/name] - how sweet!

What about:
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Hella[/name]- ‘holy’
[name]Adele[/name]- ‘noble’, love this one!
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Beate[/name]- latin, ‘blessed’
[name]Elsa[/name]/[name]Else[/name]/[name]Ilse[/name]
Friede- ‘peace’ or ‘beautiful’
[name]Hedwig[/name]- ‘battle’, ‘war’
[name]Ebba[/name]- ‘wild boar’, :stuck_out_tongue: beautiful name though

[name]Adrian[/name]- short for Hadrianus
[name]August[/name]
[name]Egon[/name]- ‘edge of a sword’
[name]Gustav[/name]- short for Gotislav, love this one!
Malte- short for Helmold
[name]Otto[/name]- ‘wealth’, ‘fortune’, would look good with your sibset, I think: )
[name]Wilhelm[/name]

[name]Just[/name] some suggestions, hope you’ll have some use of them! :slight_smile:

Oh, what about [name]Mitzi[/name]? It’s [name]German[/name], has that familiar yet exotic Euro appeal, but is super cute. Plus it gives you a different initial and different ending sound. It’s kind of like [name]Heidi[/name] which you mentioned you liked.