Greta or Petra

Which do you prefer?
I know [name]Greta[/name] can be short for [name]Margaret[/name]/[name]Margarita[/name]
And I I don’t really know what [name]Petra[/name] can be short for, but is fine on its own.

I like [name]Greta[/name] better. But what do you prefer?

petra, by far. It’s pretty and almost exotic. [name]Greta[/name] just feels stereotypical and ugly

Honestly, I really don’t like either. [name]Greta[/name] has that “grr” growly sound and reminds me of the word gretzy, like a fussy child. [name]Petra[/name], I just think petrified or petulant.

If I -had- to choose one, I’d go with [name]Greta[/name], a la [name]Greta[/name] [name]Garbo[/name], but I’m sorry I’m just not a fan of either name.

[name]Petra[/name], definitely.

I have likes [name]Petra[/name] for a long time but now greta is growing on me. I see [name]Petra[/name] as having pale skin but dark hair. I see [name]Greta[/name] as a blonde.

[name]Both[/name] names are lovely but I vote for [name]Greta[/name]. I think it has a Scandinavian exotic flair. [name]Petra[/name] is also a beautiful place in [name]Jordan[/name] and I’m not a fan of place names so that tips the scale towards [name]Greta[/name] as well.

[name]Greta[/name] hands down.

[name]Petra[/name] is a mid 40 or 50 year old woman to me!

I like both, but I think [name]Greta[/name] wins. It’s classic and beautiful.

I dislike both names but if I had to choose I’d go for [name]Petra[/name]. :slight_smile:

I love both. [name]Greta[/name] is on my long-list, because I can’t use “p” names, but today, I think I like [name]Petra[/name] best, by an inch.

[name]Petra[/name], sounds more exotic :slight_smile:

I like [name]Greta[/name] better because of the [name]Margaret[/name] connection. But I like the meaning of [name]Petra[/name] (rock) and it makes me think of [name]Noel[/name] Streatfeild’s Ballet Shoes. The longer name of the character is [name]Petrova[/name]

[name]Petra[/name], [name]Greta[/name] is so oldtime.

[name]Petra[/name].

[name]Greta[/name] sounds clunky and grumbly to my ear.

I like the look of [name]Petra[/name] more, but I prefer the sound of [name]Greta[/name]. I’d pick [name]Greta[/name], if I had to choose one to use.

[name]Petra[/name] is beautiful, I think. :slight_smile:

greta is by far better

Much prefer [name]Petra[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Greta[/name]. I’m not as much a fan of [name]Petra[/name] because of the [name]Christian[/name] hair band of the same name :wink:

Another vote for [name]Petra[/name] - it’s gorgeous.

[name]Greta[/name] makes me think of little old ladies, or girls lost in the woods leaving a trail of breadcrumbs…