Grey's sibling (another color name?)

See the results of this poll: Vote on name for Grey’s sibling (another color name?) Please vote for one girl and one boy’s name.

Respondents: 99 (This poll is closed)

• Ruby: 11 (11%)
  • Ivy: 28 (28%)
  • Maisie: 5 (5%)
  • Maggie: 3 (3%)
  • Sadie: 4 (4%)
  • Angus: 8 (8%)
  • Hugo: 18 (18%)
  • Perrin: 10 (10%)
  • Munro: 5 (5%)
  • Bruno: 7 (7%)

Is [name]Grey[/name] a girl or a boy? From your list, I like [name]Ivy[/name] for a girl and [name]Perrin[/name] for a boy. I’d also suggest [name]Hazel[/name] for a girl…

hey, I just noticed that almost all our boy names end in “o” sound, and girls in “ee” sound. Thanks for your votes!!

[name]Grey[/name] with [name]Hugo[/name] or [name]Munro[/name] is alright.

I don’t think the whole style of the girls’ names goes with [name]Grey[/name].

[name]Perrin[/name] sounds like a girl’s name to me.

What about [name]Leith[/name] for boy?
or [name]Opal[/name] for girl?
those were others at end of list.

I personally would opt not to have another color name, unless you are sure you will only be having two kids. I can’t imagine it would be easy to continue that trend! If you want to do a color, I would suggest putting it in the middle name spot.

From your girls list, I like [name]Ivy[/name] (a color, I know, but a plant first).

I would disqualify [name]Maisie[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] from the running since they have the same internal “a” sound as [name]Grey[/name]. Same goes for [name]Angus[/name].
I love [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Perrin[/name] too! (I personally voted for [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name], but [name]Perrin[/name] was right up there!)

[name]Opal[/name] is so-so for me.
I’m not sure how to pronounce [name]Leith[/name]? LAYth? I love the name [name]Leif[/name] (pronounced as LAYf), but again the long “a” sound is too similar to [name]Grey[/name].

Good luck!

I voted for [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]. If [name]Angus[/name] was [name]Magnus[/name] I would have voted for it.
I really [name]Perrin[/name] to by the way.
[name]Maisie[/name] is cute but with [name]Grey[/name] I think of [name]Macy[/name] [name]Gray[/name] the singer.

Oh! Good call! I didn’t even think of that!

I like [name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] for the repetition of the “Y”.
[name]Hugo[/name] is super cute with [name]Grey[/name], but invariably it would be shortened to “[name]Hugh[/name]”, which you may not like as much? :slight_smile:
Good luck.

I voted for [name]Perrin[/name] & [name]Sadie[/name].

If you wanted another colour, I think that [name]Grey[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] suonds good honestly, I know it is more of an obvious colour reference, but I think that they really complement each other.

Other names you might consider:

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Esmeralda[/name]

Good luck!