Guesses IF Will & Kate have a 3rd baby

So like many of you I love trying to guess/figure out the meaning of celebrity baby names. The other day I heard a rumor that the Duchess of Cambridge will be announcing that she is expecting baby #3 soon. (There have many times this has been rumored so only time will tell). Which got me thinking what would they name the 3rd baby? With royals the guessing game is a little bit easier because there is basically no chance that the baby will be named [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f] [name_f]Buttercup[/name_f] or [name_m]Rocket[/name_m] [name_m]Kingston[/name_m]! So what would be your guesses IF [name_m]Will[/name_m] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] do have another baby?

Reminder siblings are/would be [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]

[name_m]George[/name_m]-after his great-great-grandfather, [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_f]VI[/name_f] (the [name_f]Queen[/name_f]'s father). [name_m]George[/name_m] is also a tribute to [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], who has it as one of his middle names. Also patron satin of [name_f]England[/name_f].
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]- the Queen’s middle name is [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]-[name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] has [name_m]Louis[/name_m] as a middle name. [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is also the name of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]’s much loved great-uncle, [name_m]Louis[/name_m] Mountbatten, who was assassinated in 1979. And [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] of Battenberg was [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]’s grandfather’s name.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- feminine form of "[name_m]Charles[/name_m]”/honors [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]'s father. Also [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton’s ([name_f]Kate[/name_f]’s sister) middle name is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]- honors [name_m]William[/name_m]’s grandmother and great-grandmother. Also [name_f]Kate[/name_f]’s middle name and her mother’s ([name_f]Carole[/name_f]) middle name.
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]- honors [name_m]William[/name_m]'s late mother

[name_m]George[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] are my guesses.

I’m still hoping for an [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], honestly.

Personally my guesses would be [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] or [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]- the name of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]’s mother. Also middle name of [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]- play off of [name_f]Carole[/name_f] ([name_f]Kate[/name_f]’s mom)
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]- [name_f]Diana[/name_f]’s middle name and [name_u]Michael[/name_u] Middleton’s ([name_f]Kate[/name_f]’s dad) middle name (spelled [name_u]Francis[/name_u])

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]- middle name of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]- for [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and middle name of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]- [name_f]Kate[/name_f]’s brother is named [name_u]James[/name_u].

This is interesting! I love your guesses and would be quiet pleased if they did chose either of these names if they have another baby (Not that [name_m]Will[/name_m] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] care what I think). Also love that you explained the reasoning behind the potential names.

Off to do some royal name research then I’ll be back with my guesses!

Going by their pattern of using names family names, I’d guess;

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] ([name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] had an aunt with the name, so it is possible)
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] ([name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]'s maternal grandmother)
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Christian[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]

I would say [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] would be most probable for a girl, I’m unsure for a boy though.

Same! I told my history teacher that, and got a weird look and probably not. Kind of wish [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] had survived to become king instead of [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I don’t really have any guesses, but a popular but a little different for the royals would be nice.

I tried to pick some possible combos that hadn’t already been said.

Girls:
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] ([name_f]Valerie[/name_f] is the name of [name_f]Kate[/name_f]’s paternal grandmother)

Boys:
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]

I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] would be a front runner if they had another girl. Perhaps [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f], though I’m not sure they could get away with honouring [name_f]Diana[/name_f] twice, but maybe with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] they could. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] could also make an appearance. I don’t think they’d use [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], I had a bet on it for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s name but I suppose it was too close to [name_f]Carol[/name_f] and now it definitely won’t be a first name.

I’m not really sure about the boys, but I would expect it to stay very much as traditional as they can. Possibly using [name_m]Albert[/name_m] somewhere.

I feel like they may have more children. Some names they may choose are

Girls:
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]

My guess for a girl is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m], although my favourite combos would have to be [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]

I would also love an [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], but the inclusion of that name is due to a royal superstition about the mythological [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] returning to rule again, and so is traditionally used for firstborns - right up to [name_m]William[/name_m] himself! For that reason, I doubt it would be used for a third child, though we can dream.

Source: medievalist lecturer

I would like to see [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Carol[/name_f], [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] thrown somewhere into their baby name mix, however, I don’t think they will have another child, just because of the problem with severe morning sickness [name_f]Kate[/name_f] had with [name_m]George[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Carol[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Carol[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] (as a feminization of [name_m]Harry[/name_m])
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_f]Carol[/name_f]

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

I think [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] would be strong contenders if they do have another baby and it’s a girl.

They’ve just announced [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is pregnant with baby #3!
Let the name guessing begin. :smiley:

I hope it’s either [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] for a girl, and I’d love to see [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Albert[/name_m], or [name_m]Charles[/name_m] for a boy.

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

Can’t wait to see what they name the new baby!

They are expecting a 3rd. The last time Nameberry had a contest and I won by guessing [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] :slight_smile: Here are my guesses for baby number 3

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Carole[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
(I went back and forth with [name_m]Philip[/name_m] on this one but in the end settled here)

Because they already have George Alexander Louis and Charlotte Elizabeth Diana i’m not sure they’d use Alexandra, Louise or Charles (as first names) but here are some i’d bet on:

Amelia Eloise Victoria
Amelia Marie Frances
Amelia Mary Victoria

Sophia Eloise Ann
Sophia Alexandra Mary

Isabelle Mary Alice
Isabelle Victoria Ann

Frederick James William
Frederick James Henry

Edward Arthur James
Edward Arthur William

I think Amelia or Sophia are the most likely names for a girl and Frederick (Freddie) the most likely for a boy as James and Edward have both been used in the family fairly recently.

I’d love to see a baby girl named [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. I think both are very ‘royal’ names. Not sure about boy name’s though.

I’m not going to make any guesses but I’d love to see a baby named [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] if it’s a boy or [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] (named [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]) if it’s a girl.

Boy: [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
Girl: [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] or
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

[name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] seem to have a pretty distinct naming style. [name_m]George[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are both names that a) have been used multiple times by Hanoverian and [name_u]Windsor[/name_u] monarchs for their children, and b) are presently among the top 25 most popular names in [name_f]England[/name_f] and [name_m]Wales[/name_m]. Expanding out to the top 50, this criteria yields as the most likely choices:

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] — #1 in 2015, used by [name_m]George[/name_m] II and [name_m]George[/name_m] III
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] — #12 in 2015, used by [name_m]George[/name_m] I and [name_m]George[/name_m] III
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] — #24 in 2015, used by [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and her youngest son, the [name_m]Duke[/name_m] of [name_u]Albany[/name_u]; also the name of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]'s mother

[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] — [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] was #14 in 2015, used by [name_m]George[/name_m] III and [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] — [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] was #17 in 2015, used by [name_m]George[/name_m] II and [name_m]George[/name_m] III
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] — #37 in 2015, used by [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], a middle name of [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_f]VI[/name_f], [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], and [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]. Someone noted above that [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is only used for the first-born son, but [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] used this name for her third son (he was born on the [name_m]Duke[/name_m] of [name_m]Wellington[/name_m]'s birthday), so I don’t think there’s anything preventing [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] for using it on a second son

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] also meet the above criteria, but as [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]'s name, and since there are already two [name_m]Prince[/name_m] Edwards in the extended royal family (the [name_m]Earl[/name_m] of Wessex, the [name_f]Queen[/name_f]'s youngest son, and the [name_m]Duke[/name_m] of [name_m]Kent[/name_m], the [name_f]Queen[/name_f]'s cousin), both of those names feel unlikely to me.

As for middle names, I think that [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and [name_u]Michael[/name_u] are both likely for a boy, to honor [name_m]William[/name_m]'s grandfather and [name_f]Kate[/name_f]'s father, respectively. I’m less certain about a girl, as both grandmothers were honored in [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s names ([name_f]Carole[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are both forms of the same name). [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] could be an option to honor both [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton. [name_f]Mary[/name_f] has also been a popular middle name over the royal generations.

Also, not to end this already long and rambling post on a morbid note, but if something were to happen to the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] or [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] before baby Cambridge’s birth (be that a downturn in health or worse), I think that their names would jump to the top of the likely first name list.