Guilty Pleasure Names

Hey everybody! I hope you all had a lovely [name]Easter[/name] holiday! Anyway, I thought I would just share some of my ‘guilty pleasure’ names.

[name]Abigail[/name] - I have always secretly liked this name, but I don’t like the nn’s [name]Abby[/name] or [name]Gail[/name] at all. Also, this name seems to be quite popular. Nonetheless, I still love the classic feel and the timeless essence it has.

[name]Jane[/name] - I love this name so much! However, it is unusable due to a strong association with a certain person. If I didn’t know that person though, [name]Jane[/name] would be on my list in a heart beat!

[name]January[/name] - This name sounds so pretty to me and I like the nn [name]Jan[/name] alot! Where I live though, this name would probably become the laughing stock of the town :slight_smile: Also, I think the nn [name]Jan[/name] is too close to the name [name]Jane[/name]. See above.

[name]Lena[/name] - This name sounds and looks gorgeous in my opinion! There is a girl at my school with this name and whenever her name is called on the announcements or something, people always mispronounce it [name]LEN[/name]-uh instead of LEEN-uh. And my family cannot stand this name. Bummer.

[name]Jolie[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! However, it would never be understood where I live. Maybe as a middle name someday?

[name]Della[/name] - I have loved this name for as long as I can remember! It’s just so clean and simple, yet strong. However, with all of the little [name]Bella[/name]'s that will probably be walking around here in a couple of years, I just don’t think [name]Della[/name] is doable. Also, with all of the [name]Adelle[/name] stuff going on, it may not be wise to use [name]Della[/name] right now. [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong - I like [name]Adelle[/name] . . . kind of.

[name]Sadie[/name] - This name is so sophisticated and pretty sounding that it just makes me smile! But I like names that can have nn’s and I don’t want her nn to be Sad :frowning:

[name]Georgia[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name! I think it is so classic and beautiful, but I am afraid of it becoming too popular and my family doesn’t like it at all. And I don’t want her nn to be [name]George[/name].

[name]Hollis[/name] - I have contemplated putting this name on my list for quite some time now. I just love how it sounds! It is kind of a weird name for a little girl and it would not work well where I live.

[name]Cora[/name] - This name has just recently popped out to me and I have fallen for it. I think it looks beautiful and timeless, but I think it may sound too harsh with the heavy ‘r’ sound in there. Am I crazy?

[name]Nola[/name] - This name sounds so cute and would be easy for a little girl to spell. I don’t know about you but whenever I say this name, it sounds like I have a cold. Maybe it’s just me?

[name]Liberty[/name] - This one is probably the only one on my list that is really out there. However, I adore the nn [name]Libby[/name]! I think this name is totally out of the question because of the weirdness factor :confused:

[name]Millie[/name] - I love this name because it is the name of the sweetest old lady that I have ever met! The name just reminds me of her and I think it would be a good way to honor her. I just don’t think I’d be brave enough to name my daughter this.

Well, I think that is about it. I know most of my guilty pleasure names weren’t too weird and/or crazy, but I just can’t use them :frowning: Maybe you have some other suggestions for me? Thanks so much for reading this! Have a fantastic day :slight_smile:

I knew a little girl named [name]Georgia[/name] that went by nn [name]GiGi[/name]. I thought that was cute. [name]Cora[/name] is another of my favorites. I don’t think it sounds harsh at all! I think it’s beautiful! She is also one of the characters in Last of the Mohicans, so it has some classic literature ties too. [name]Sadie[/name] is just a dog’s name to me. You wouldn’t believe how many dogs are named [name]Sadie[/name] right now. I love [name]Abigail[/name] because of its biblical ties, but it is too popular to me. [name]Della[/name] is cute, but maybe a little too cutesy? The others you listed aren’t really my style.

Here are some suggestions to the names you like which I also feel have a similar vibe or feek

[name]Abigail[/name] - This name has a strong colonial vibe to me, maybe because so many early American ladies were named [name]Abigail[/name]. So, many of the names I will suggest have a colonial or puritan vibe as well.

[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Bethel[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Keziah[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Temperance[/name]

[name]Jane[/name] -I think something English and classic. Ideas:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Joan[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]

[name]January[/name] - I don’t think this name would cause serious issues, to me though, this name is more of a male name. Some similar ideas:

[name]April[/name]
[name]Beryl[/name]
Coriander
[name]Day[/name]
[name]Ember[/name]
[name]Garnet[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
Kestrel
[name]Kismet[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
Morrow
[name]Wren[/name]

[name]Lena[/name] - [name]Anna[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Fina[/name], [name]Gaia[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Kaia[/name], [name]Lina[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Mia[/name]/[name]Mina[/name], [name]Nola[/name], [name]Oda[/name], [name]Pia[/name], [name]Rita[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Willa[/name]

[name]Jane[/name] - [name]Jade[/name], [name]Janine[/name]
[name]Jolie[/name] - [name]Jolene[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] - [name]Cara[/name] (And it’s not to harsh at all. So usable)
[name]Nola[/name] (Does sound like a cold) - [name]Nora[/name], [name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Lena[/name] -[name]Elena[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Helen[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Millie[/name] - Milicient, [name]Mildred[/name]
[name]Libby[/name] - [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Libby[/name], [name]Libby[/name] is a nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name] so.

[name]Hope[/name] I helped a bit!

[name]Abigail[/name] - I like this name too, and yes, it is very popular at the moment. I don’t like [name]Gail[/name], but I do like [name]Abby[/name] - and usually, I’m not much of a nickname person.

[name]Jane[/name] - it’s a good name, just a little plain for me. I absolutely love it as a middle name.

[name]January[/name] - this is one of those names I find interesting but would never use myself.

[name]Lena[/name] -it’s a nice name. I believe the usual US pronunciation is [name]Lee[/name]-na.

[name]Jolie[/name] - better as a middle name imo

[name]Della[/name] - I agree, this name has potential to grow, especially in connection with [name]Adele[/name], which I can see people are talking more and more about. I happen to like [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Adela[/name] a lot - and [name]Della[/name]'s nice too.

[name]Sadie[/name] - it’s cute and growing in popularity. A little too nicknamey for me.

[name]Georgia[/name] - nice name. Pretty popular,yes. I wouldn’t want to be called by any nicknames if this were my name.

[name]Hollis[/name] -this one is too masculine for my taste. I like [name]Holly[/name].

[name]Cora[/name] - Another name that sounded really old lady 5 years ago and is now being considered again. Not a fave of mine. But now , your are not crazy, more people are choosing it these days. I prefer [name]Clara[/name].

[name]Nola[/name] - it is pretty nice, and yes simple to say and spell. When I say it I don’t think it sounds like i have a cold.

[name]Liberty[/name] - this is a little out there for me too.

[name]Millie[/name] -it’s pretty cute, too nicknamey for me. A lot of people are using it as a nn for [name]Amelia[/name]. In the UK I believe it’s popular as a given name on its own.

On your list, only [name]January[/name] and [name]Liberty[/name] sound like “gulity pleasure names” - or what I mean when by it - sort of a name that you like but think you shouldn’t, or you like but probably won’t use because it’s “out there” or “dated” or has a downmarket image" - I thinik they sometimes make good middle names.