Guinevere ☘️ (Polls)

Some questions about Guinevere

How do you pronounce the beginning of this name?

• Gwen
  • Gwin
  • Other

0 voters

Favorite Nicknames?

• Gwen
  • Gwinny
  • Nev
  • Wen
  • Wendy
  • Winnie
  • Vera (veer-uh)
  • I have a different suggestion!

0 voters

Personal thoughts on Guinevere ?

• Love
  • Lose

0 voters

The nicknames poll was supposed to be multiple choice but I think I broke it ughh :expressionless:

2 Likes

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Eva[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], just short for [name_u]Guin[/name_u], is a favorite!

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is such a lovely name. [name_f]Viv[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] are the nicknames I like best for it, but I think [name_f]Gwennie[/name_f] would be cute too (also, it’s probably just my accent, but I say gwin/gwen the same way but I voted for gwin because that looks more like how I say it, similar to win and fin).

3 Likes

I really like the [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u] spelling!

1 Like

Other nns I prefer: [name_f]Vivi[/name_f], [name_u]Vere[/name_u], [name_u]Guin[/name_u] (Gwin)

1 Like

Guinevere’s one of my favourites! It’s strong, elegant, and beautiful, but the sound is very different from anything else. I like nn [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_f]Wendy[/name_f], but my favourite is [name_f]Evie[/name_f].

2 Likes

Due to my Appalachian accent, I pronounce [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_u]Gwin[/name_u] (and ben and bin) the exact same way. Both sound like [name_u]Gwin[/name_u] for me.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is just :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: She’s been my #1 girl since circa 2001 when I heard the name in a Death [name_m]Cab[/name_m] for Cutie song. I hadn’t used it for any pets in case I were to have a human child some day. DH & I are fairly sure that we only want to stick w/fur babies, so maybe I’ll have a cat or pup named [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] someday!

Anyway, I think that I say it more like Gwen-ev-ear. I love love love the name [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], but I just don’t know if I love it for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. Probably because [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] doesn’t have any 'w’s, & it just doesn’t feel right. Same thing w/Gwen. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name, but I don’t know…it certainly makes sense. I just can’t get on board. I like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] just fine, but better as a full name. Now I think that [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] or [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] is quite nice. The only nn that I think I would use for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] would be [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]. It may make even less sense, who knows!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] my rambling helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], I’m so happy to see it being used since I never got to use it (I was considering it for our second girl’s middle name, but it just never seemed to flow). For middles I love Neve/Neva, [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and Evy/Evi (eh-vee). You have some lovely options with this name!

1 Like