Gwendolen

I just made a hugely long post about this name in the The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 5), so I won’t bore anyone with any more polls :blush:. With that said, Gwendolen is a newfound love of mine, so I would love to get your opinion on these two questions! As always, not expecting, just collecting!

• Lena (LEHN-ah) as a nickname?
  • Gwendolen Moon as a combo?

TIA!!

2 Likes

[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] is stunning! I personally would use [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u] as a nickname, but [name_f]Lena[/name_f] is cute too!

1 Like

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] is lovely nn for [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Moon[/name_f] is OK middle name. Not my style, but it sounds fine.

1 Like

Lena works! I do like the other nicknames more (Gwen, Gwendy, Wendy, Dolly, Wen/Wynn, Lennie, etc.) but I think Lena is perfectly fine.

I really love the combo of Gwendolen Moon! Very whimsical.

2 Likes

[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] is fun, clunky cute and kind of cosy. [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] is sparky and unexpected and [name_f]Lena[/name_f] is a sweet nn!

1 Like

[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] is madly cute! [name_f]Lena[/name_f] works as a nickname as well.

1 Like

[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] is great! I’m not sure about the nickname, though – are you pronouncing [name_f]Lena[/name_f] like [name_u]Lenny[/name_u]? I know three Lena’s IRL and they all say “LAY-na” or “LEE-na”. I wouldn’t do “LEH-na” if you’re saying it the way I think you are, it will get mispronounced constantly.

1 Like

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] makes some sense, I suppose, but it’s so flimsy. I’d much rather be a [name_f]Gwen[/name_f].

I don’t like [name_f]Moon[/name_f] as a name. The moo is very bovine. And the flow is not great, what with [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] and [name_f]Moon[/name_f] both ending in N.

2 Likes