Hadassah Love vs. Hadassah Kanae

[name_f]My[/name_f] other girls are Amaré (Latin—to love And we pronounce [name_f]Amma[/name_f]-RAE) [name_f]Elyse[/name_f] and Sélah (SAE-luh) [name_f]Carys[/name_f]. Both have an “ay” sound in the name, and a name meaning love (first, then middle for second).

So we’re considering [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Haddie[/name_f]) for our next if it’s a girl (I’m too early to tell)… but the middle name is up in the air. I’ve leaned toward [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] but recently fell in love with Kanae. It seems to have a Hawaiian meaning —beautiful one, while other places claim its Japanese for fragrant seedling OR love, affection.

Any idea if it truly does mean love?

And any opinion on [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] vs [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] Kanae

I think [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] is absolutely gorgeous! Kanae is beautiful but I think maybe if you aren’t sure of the meaning or if you aren’t of Japanese or Hawaiian descent, it might be a safer bet to keep it to the side for now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d go with [name_u]Love[/name_u]

1 Like

your girls have such pretty names! I love [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], and [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] is so cute. [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] is a sweet, stunning combo.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

[name_m]Can[/name_m]’t you use both? maybe in the order Kanae [name_u]Love[/name_u]? It’s common to have more than one middle name these days and I think they’re both pretty

Another vote for [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u]! It’s so lovely! She’s great with your other two girls. Kanae is interesting, but I do prefer [name_u]Love[/name_u], I think.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] is magical

1 Like

Congratulations! I’m also going to put in a vote for [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u]. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] is just gorgeous :two_hearts: Congratulations!

1 Like

Such a nice idea and I agree Kanae [name_u]Love[/name_u] sounds beautiful too.

I like [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u].

I have no knowledge of Hawaiian, but Japanese names can have all kinds of meanings, depending on which kanji they are written with. It’s possible that Kanae could mean “love” if written with a certain kanji, but it could mean something completely different if written another way. This website gives many of the possible meanings for Kanae: Kanae - Japanese girl(female) name meanings | Japanese Names .info

The pronunciation of Kanae in Japanese would be (approximately) kah-nah-eh.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s very helpful.

1 Like

Another vote for [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u]!

1 Like