Hallie or Blythe?

We are due with baby #3 soon, siblings are two brother Austin and Elijah (also goes by just Eli) I think the two names we have narrowed down if babe is a girl are 1. Hallie Josephine or 2. Blythe Emily

I love each for different reasons… Hallie is a namesake for Harold which is a really prominent name in both of our families. And as a catholic I like the St. Joseph connection withe Josephine and the kind of double barrel nickname " Hallie Jo". For Blythe… I originally like Blair but find Blythe softer and more feminine without all the frills of a “cutesy” girls name. Emily is my husbands great grandmother whom he adored! But, we are open to middle names for Blythe… its a hard one to match up. Its important to me that a name ages well. Thoughts? Which do you prefer… which seems to fit our name style?

If Baby is a boy were thinking John Luke. Our last name is Miller.

2 Likes

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] :hibiscus:

2 Likes

They’re both beautiful- you can’t go wrong! I have a slight preference for [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] but [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] is so pretty and fresh too!

2 Likes

Blythe!!! So lovely

1 Like

I absolutely love Blythe—the connection to “blithe” or joyful, the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables association, and the soft sound. [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is a beautiful combo—i love [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] with a more classic non-surname name.

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a great combo too. I like [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] more because it feels more distinct and unique (Hallie has more soundalikes out there with all the [name_f]Hayley[/name_f] variations) and less nickname-y, as is my preference.

4 Likes

I like them both but I’m digging to flow of [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] more

With the siblings [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] goes better. Also, may I offer [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
Also: [name_f]Hattie[/name_f], [name_f]Hollie[/name_f], [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is delightful!

I love the flow of [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]Miller[/name_u]. Sounds like a famous person

I also like that both hallie and [name_u]Miller[/name_u] have double L’s. And they both have i’s next to them. It looks cool together.

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_u]Miller[/name_u]

I think [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] goes better with your siblings, and it’s fresher than [name_f]Hallie[/name_f].

[name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is sweet but it feels like you don’t love it. I’m guessing you’re avoiding [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] because of the initials? I love @Penny_Doll’s suggestion of [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

2 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

I think both combinations are gorgeous!

I have a preference for [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] she’s just so ethereal, charming, lovely connotations to happiness and a sweet breezy melodic sound. I like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] as a middle name for [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] she feels sweet adding a little nostalgic energy to the name. I think [name_u]Austin[/name_u], [name_u]Elijah[/name_u] & [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] have a sweet country flair that I love

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] x

I really really love [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Emily[/name_f]! Especially with your boys’ names! Absolutely gorgeous. :heart:

[name_u]Blythe[/name_u]!

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] :sparkling_heart:

[name_u]Blythe[/name_u].

I would pick [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] I always want to pronounce like bl-eye-th even though I believe it’s supposed to be bl-ih-th which I’m not a fan of because to me it sounds like the word bliss with a lisp.

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] for sure! I do prefer the more streamlined spelling [name_u]Halle[/name_u] though. Either way it has great flow!